So Far V2 On The D2 Remote Is Fine!

F350Platinum

Thanks, Bob.  The only thing holding me back is that there are definite WS6 bugs which means they will be coming out with an update to fix those which likely means another remote update as well to keep everything synced.  Not keen on re-entering all the custom programs again twice.  I'll wait a little and see if they come out with the bug fix to 2.0 quickly.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I'll wait a little and see if they come out with the bug fix to 2.0 quickly.

Do you think they will have to fix 2.0 for everything, or could they just update (fix) the WS-6? I'm not familiar with XP history but can dream... 😏

• Like 1

XP's owner said that the pinpointing will be fixed on the WS6 with the next software update. Who knows when that will be????? Another 4 months like between 1.11 and 2.0 or next week.

I did send a huge thank you note to XP customer service for making my day with the 2.0 improvements to FMF Goldfield. They thanked me for my reports of the issue and for my patience with the process.

I figure either you F350 or Chase will eventually get their hands on the Xtrem Hunter so V2.0 will be a must anyway.

I have used 2.0 land hunting in high iron mineralization/wet ground for the past 5 days. 5 silver dimes, lots of deep copper Memorial and wheat pennies and no issues whatsoever running Sensitive or Deep HC. Absolutely loving the 13X11" coil.

I hope to get to a gold prospecting site either this Friday or next Wednesday to test the FMF Goldfield mode for real along with some extreme mineralization/square nail site relic hunting too.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I figure either you F350 or Chase will eventually get their hands on the Xtrem Hunter so V2.0 will be a must anyway.

Yikes, not for me for sure! Heck I pass on some deep targets on the beach because I draw the line at 6 scoops. 😀 There is one permission it might be useful, maybe two, but I think the farmer would take issue with craters, and the water table here can be too close for comfort. 🫤

Are the memorials id'ing around 90 still? All I got was Zincolns today. 🤬

• Like 1

Update on the token, identified. 1943.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia41323.html

20230913_210513.thumb.jpg.0324a8ae6b3f8b30e29734abf42c7a33.jpg

They say composition is steel but this one seems more like bronze.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Yikes, not for me for sure! Heck I pass on some deep targets on the beach because I draw the line at 6 scoops. 😀 There is one permission it might be useful, maybe two, but I think the farmer would take issue with craters, and the water table here can be too close for comfort. 🫤

Are the memorials id'ing around 90 still? All I got was Zincolns today. 🤬

IDs for common coins are ground balance and ground moisture level related where I detect. They can change by a number or two from day to day concurrently with a slight change in ground balance values. Sometimes I just don't ground balance if I am on dirt that I know is similar to the last hunt. So, I am still getting US nickels between 60 and 63, zincs between 82 and 87, clad dimes from 88 to 91, copper pennies from 89 to 92 and quarters anywhere from 92 to 97, all depending on slight changes in ground balance and moisture levels. So, I have not noticed a change after switching to 2.0. I am guessing that I have recovered around 200 modern US nickels, zincs, copper pennies, clad dimes and clad quarters total, since updating to 2.0 which gives me a pretty good idea.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Not unless a Bobcat backhoe comes along with it.  Not interested in digging that deep.  Would like to know how it does in hot dirt, though.  Might be useful for digging out huts and privies at the known long-term CW winter encampments around Culpeper, VA if it can actually function under those conditions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Not unless a Bobcat backhoe comes along with it.  Not interested in digging that deep.  Would like to know how it does in hot dirt, though.  Might be useful for digging out huts and privies at the known long-term CW winter encampments around Culpeper, VA if it can actually function under those conditions.

I totally agree with Chase.  I have no interest in getting one unless that Bobcat comes with it...and at no charge!  🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...