Fmf Goldfield V2.0 Gold Prospecting Test

Jeff McClendon

Really very nice Jeff. Thanks for your interesting report..

• Like 1

Another great write up Jeff. I've toyed with Gold Field and Relic in my very mild soils here in the northeast so I really don't understand the challenges or methods of hunting in the conditions you describe. But I do know that I can't get away with running IAR at 0 even at sites with light iron. That hot rock mineralization and magnetite that you were swinging in didn't need any IAR in order to keep your sanity ?? 

• Like 2

That’s the conundrum, if I use any Disc IAR I will miss small nonferrous targets like small gold since most gold at this location will initially have ferrous target IDs and ferrous tones if I have iron volume on. With Disc IAR off I hear absolutely everything. 

This area is best hunted with a pulse induction detector. Unfortunately there are large power lines in the area too so EMI is pretty bad. Using a DD coil with the GPX6000 would be ideal but the rugged terrain and the big 14” DD don’t get on too well. 

• Like 2

I haven’t been in the goldfields yet, but I will say the updated Goldfield program is my new target checker because it punches deep and hard and has been very good at verifying some iffy targets in relic, park, and beach scenarios so far. 😎

• Like 2

Thanks for the report, Jeff, looks like they've fixed it up and it's a viable prospecting option now, the final piece in the puzzle is a better coil so hopefully that's on the drawing board, and they're not holding it back to still get some Deus 1 or ORX sales.

• Like 2