Error Code Numbers For Equinox

Erik Oostra

A few days ago my newest Nox 600 got flooded, nothing too serious just water in between the layers of the screen, like a little puddle.. It didn't have a plastic screen protector but I can't see how that would explain water getting inside the screen.. The bigger problem is when I turn the detector on now it shows: Er 61.. What does this number mean? I've tried to find out about Equinox error codes online and came across a few posts mentioning Errors 41 and 11 but nothing on what these numbers actually mean.. 

I've had this Nox for about a year as a back-up to my other Noxes (600 and 800).. I figured it was coming off light-duties and took it for a waist-deep wade, no real submersion except in the surf a couple off times.. I was surprised that the newest Nox flooded on it's first dunking when the other two haven't leaked in the 4 years since I've had them.. It's true that the Deus II and PulseDive now take the brunt of the underwater work but my Noxes will always be the star of the show from chest-deep to dry sand.. 

Over the last two days I've had the flooded Nox standing outside in the full sun.. I've got one of those velvety-feeling sunglass protector bags over the screen to stop it from going black.. The good news is that the puddle is getting smaller, I can still see the 'high-tide' mark where there's salt left behind.. The bad news is that Er 61 still shows up when I turn it on.. I'll leave it for another day of sunbaking, maybe when the puddle is gone it'll work again?

In the meantime, can anyone help me out with those error codes? Thank you very much!     

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

At least it's still under warranty, don't even try fix it, let them swap it over, they need to take responsibility for their poor waterproofing on the earlier Nox series.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, phrunt said:

don't even try fix it, let them swap it over

I'm hoping Er 61 means: 'You've got water in my screen numbnuts, just put me in the hot sun for a couple of days and all will be good'.. 😁 I'm pretty sure it doesn't but I'll give it another day, the puddle is definitely shrinking.. I'd be more worried if it was one of my main detectors, it's just annoying when a back-up fails..

But if it doesn't come good I'll definitely send it back, you're spot on: Minelab deserves to be punished for dodgy products.. 

Have you read anywhere what those error numbers actually mean? It seems dumb of Minelab to bother displaying error numbers when they don't explain anywhere what these numbers stand for.. Do Minelab just pluck them out of the air or maybe its more Top Secret information?   

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

Have you read anywhere what those error numbers actually mean? It seems dumb of Minelab to bother displaying error numbers when they don't explain anywhere what these numbers stand for.. Do Minelab just pluck them out of the air or maybe its more Top Secret information?   

They will mean a lot to the service people, however they're unlikely to put out a public list of error codes.  

The fact it even has an error code means the water got inside more than just layers in a screen, it got to the electronics, and although it may come right for you now and you think it's OK the salt will continue to eat away at whatever component it's touched and render it useless at some point in time.  

Don't even try fix it, it's best to give it back to them in the worst state possible with water still inside it to make the replacement process as smooth as possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2023 at 2:30 AM, Erik Oostra said:

😁 I'm pretty sure it doesn't but I'll give it another day, the puddle is definitely shrinking.. I'd be more worried if it was one of my main detectors, it's just annoying when a back-up fails..

But if it doesn't come good I'll definitely send it back, you're spot on: Minelab deserves to be punished for dodgy products.. 

WELCOME to the wet pod gang!!! :biggrin:

• Haha 2

It's toast, time to get Minelab involved and have them replace the pod. I had 2 flood, 1 power button failure and 1 battery failure. All the problems happened within 3 years, thankfully. 

• Like 4

Yep, send it back! They will just replace the pod! Just call and get an RA# first! Been through two 800 pods, and 2 11" in coils! 😵 Sad flawed design, and all to common!🍀👍👍

• Like 3