Artifact Finds Probably 100 Years Newer Than I Hoped

Got permission to hunt a site which was in use in the 1850s.  But, I think most of the stuff I found is from the mid-1900s.  The Ranger cap pistol is from the 1950s.  The “Miller“ item I believe is some sort of electrical junction? The “badge” has some sort of design on the front but I can’t make out any writing.  There is some sort of hanger on the back.  The foil items may be yogurt lids? There is embossed writing on one but I can’t make out what it says.  It is definitely heavier grade foil than modern yogurt. I think the bullet is a .45, but I don’t know from what or how old.

Soil is very soft - I can sink my trowel to the shank without much effort.  The only coin I found here was a 1940s wheat.  It was down around 6-7 inches and was an iffy signal with nails.  I suspect I may need something larger than my deus 2 9-inch coil to find many coins here.

Thanks for looking!

8A8F8E8B-EE86-4F04-B857-CADE428E3C33.jpeg

B483D973-DC73-480D-A631-FF250AFA1471.jpeg

6B81D61F-FFA8-4A83-9AB1-D653A6D054B8.jpeg

The round foil bits look like "Merry Widow" tin halves, a common and amusing find. 😀

Still cool stuff. 👍

5 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

The Miller item appears to be one half of an old padlock case.

Well that’s cool! I hadn’t thought of that option but it would explain the two openings on the top and the one opening in the bottom.

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

The round foil bits look like "Merry Widow" tin halves, a common and amusing find. 😀

Still cool stuff. 👍

Ah.  I thought one of them said fresh something or other, but then there was a space followed by what I think is CA. So I wasn’t sure if it was a description or a city and state.

5 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

The Miller item appears to be one half of an old padlock case.

Bingo! Just found a picture of one on the Internet. Thanks!

26632E1D-E17C-4D26-B7FF-0DA80BE5E089.png

Cool finds, Geologyhound, well done! The brass "badge" looks like a belt buckle or possibly horse tack to me. The .45 bullet looks like .45 ACP, probably from WWI to WWII era.

Had about 40 minutes to hunt this afternoon and stopped at this site.  I am glad I did, as I finally broke my silver drought. This is the first silver dime I have found with my Deus 2. I just updated to version 2. Timewise, this jives with the rest of the stuff I’m finding at this site. But it’s silver, in decent condition, and not a relatively recent Rosie. Overall, I would say that was a great last find of the day on my way back to the car!

E79D3688-329B-4198-9C04-9FDB310C2126.jpeg

3DE91EF8-17FF-4A08-B28C-07507450660C.jpeg

26EAC57E-7208-414A-AB1C-C742BBB2709A.jpeg

Nice find Ghound,

That's what I call the "thank you" find for saving history. 😀

I trust you are finding V2 to be a benefit?

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

I trust you are finding V2 to be a benefit?

Thanks!

Other than a few minutes in my backyard, this was my first real opportunity to use V2.  I may need to double check to make sure I entered my programs correctly. It seems like a lot of the targets are sounding off louder.  However, the coin had a nice soft pinpoint sound which told me it was smaller or deeper (about 5 inches).  I may need to adjust some of the volume levels.