I Actually Tried This Tone Setting Tip With My Axiom (video Below)

DSMITH

this is a tip from Kevin Hoagland on the Axiom, I actually tried this Tone adjustment tip with my Axiom and it did seem to help with being able to hear things clearer, with me having severe tinnitus this seemed to work for me

(Video Below)

My Sphinx pin-pointer does this, it's a great feature, I didn't know the Axiom did it too, it will benefit a lot of people with some hearing loss, and even those without picking a tone that suits their hearing best.

22 minutes ago, phrunt said:

My Sphinx pin-pointer does this, it's a great feature, I didn't know the Axiom did it too, it will benefit a lot of people with some hearing loss, and even those without picking a tone that suits their hearing best.

Like I said phrunt it seemed to  help me when I followed Kevin's instructions on how to do it, the Legend tones can also be adjusted so I am going to try this with the Legend also and see if it makes a difference, at one point in the video Kevin did say that this could change through out the day, I took that statement that possibly ones hearing would or could change through out the day and you might have to stop and readjust the tone again

(or Maybe I read to much into that statement)

• The title was changed to I Actually Tried This Tone Setting Tip With My Axiom (video Below)
2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

One of the few adjustments I always make with my Axiom is to lower the tone from 50 to 30. I have high frequency hearing loss and so low tones work better for me.

for me I actually had to increase the tone into the higher frequencies to hear it better, I ended up on the complete opposite spectrum from you Steve I am running it at 83

@Steve Herschbach do you find that you have to adjust that tone a little through out the day or does it seem to stay the same for you through out the day, one of the things Kevin mentioned in the video is it can change through out the day.

No I set it at 30 and leave it. It’s more likely a persons hearing is changing through the day than the detectors audio is changing. Whatever, there is no right or wrong in this. Set the tones for whatever makes the targets most distinct for your ear, and adjust it if you feel the need.