How To Apply This On Real Hunt

It's hard to be relevant for some YouTubers.

I appreciate all of Sharpshooters testing, but it's testing.

Like you said it might work in real conditions and it also might introduce a lot of iron falsing in higher iron mineralization and in areas with lots of iron targets.

• Like 4

Video skills aren't much either. In this video I never could see the Manti screen. But I will give him credit for expanding the envelope of experimenting.

I didn't watch the video, but I suspect it's similar to his "Bird Dog" program for the D2. He claimed the program would provide better iron unmasking.

When he first mentioned that program on another forum, I told him that his test was interesting, but if he actually hunted with that program in iron infested ground, then it would probably result in massive iron falsing. Turns out, that is exactly what happened when experienced hunters tried the program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digalicious said:

if he actually hunted with that program in iron infested ground, then it would probably result in massive iron falsing. Turns out, that is exactly what happened when experienced hunters tried the program.

If he would ever stick his experiments on a Salt Beach one finds out that it will make a bench test/air test rendered useless. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, midalake said:

If he would ever stick his experiments on a Salt Beach one finds out that it will makes a bench test/air test rendered useless. 

On "paper", one could get just about anything to seem like a breakthrough. Get it into real world scenarios though, and the truth comes out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 1:28 PM, pikens said:

I like the way he talks. His speech has color to his words. How much have you tested the Manticore ? Sharp Shooter is smarter than most of us.

I have no doubt that TNSharpshooter is smart. However, there is smart from being smart and there is smart from learning by experience.

If you hunt in ground that has zero mineralization and the ground has no effect whatsoever on any targets that are buried in that ground, then Sharpshooter's tips and settings may work really well.

I guess there is ground like that but I have never hunted in it.

If your ground or beach is mineralized at all, many of the tips and settings he suggests are not going to be applicable unless the targets you are hunting are literally on or very near the surface.

It is always good to learn about individual detector tendencies and strategies to deal with those tendencies. TNSharpshooter does really well at pointing many of those out which helps to learn individual detectors. 

• Like 2