Orx Lower Rod On D2 Factory Rod???

midalake

On 11/24/2023 at 8:40 AM, midalake said:

Think I have my answers...it is the Simplex/legend rods they are using. 

Yep, but you will need to sand down the sides of round bottom of the NM CF lower shaft mount to allow it to fit in the XP coil mounts, and you'll need a rubber washers as well. There was a great thread on this some time ago, but I couldn't find it.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 10:40 AM, midalake said:

Think I have my answers...it is the Simplex/legend rods they are using. 

Here's one of the "rural engineering" articles:

The trick is that D2 coils rely on a friction bushing to push one ear against the shaft end. This aids in not breaking the ears. 🤔

• Like 2

Detect-Ed offers a CF lower rod, which fits perfectly. The stock rod with >=11" coil wobbles like hell.
Imho the whole shaft isn't that great.. even with lower CF rod.

It's rediculous, it doesn't come with CF from stock - seems to get standard already in the 400€ price range.

What do you refer to as the ORX lower rod?
Afaik the coils come with the lower rod, not the detector, and there are nox ORX specific coils.

It's the Simplex carbon fiber lower rod that works on the D2. You don't have to machine special bushings to make it work.  It does have to be sanded some on the lower clevis part of the rod so you can tilt the coil to your liking but very simple to do.  I'm very happy with the mod on my D2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

It's the Simplex carbon fiber lower rod that works on the D2. You don't have to machine special bushings to make it work.  It does have to be sanded some on the lower clevis part of the rod so you can tilt the coil to your liking but very simple to do.  I'm very happy with the mod on my D2.

And the Simplex CF lower shaft is half the price of the Detect-Ed CF lower, you just have to do a little sanding to make it fit properly. XP really should make their own CF lower shaft though. 

• Like 1

Over here the price difference is 10-15€

• Like 1