Erratic 900 Nox

jerrym

2 hours ago, HardPack said:

I would suspect in higher mineralized soil types sensitivity adjustments would have a proportional impact on detection depth…

It's not proportional.  The sensitivity to depth relationship is non-linear.  It plateaus (i.e., the steepness of the curve significantly decreases) at sensitivity levels above 22 or so in my experience.

35 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

It's not proportional.  The sensitivity to depth relationship is non-linear.  It plateaus (i.e., the steepness of the curve significantly decreases) at sensitivity levels above 22 or so in my experience.

I found a post I made from about 1 year ago, showing a depth / sensitivity test on the Legend. The results were also nonlinear.

For the sensitivity test, I used the 6” coil, a silver dime, M3, and the default of 5 for the recovery speed. Note the 1" difference from 24 to the maximum of 30, yet there is a 3" difference from 16 to 24.

30-10”
29-9.5”
28-9.5”
27-9.5”
26-9”
25-9”
24-9”
23-8.5”
22-8”
21-7.5”
20-7”
19-7”
18-6.5”
17=6.5”
16-6”

44 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

4 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

I found a post I made from about 1 year ago, showing a depth / sensitivity test on the Legend. The results were also nonlinear.

My bad. Good information to know about both detectors. For a stable clean signal it appears in this dirt 8 inches is close to the depth detection limit with the 11 inch coil at sensitivity 18. Bumping up to a higher setting increases background noise but workable; at 8 inches the weak signals increase as does the TID spread on shallower targets (dime/penny). Getting closer to breaking through the iron curtain. The bedrock isn’t far enough down to worry about the maximums.