Interesting Find

I found a gold disc last year detecting near a small gold dig.  It was kinda gooey black on one side. I noticed it had writing under the goo so I sanded it off a bit.  I’m not sure what it’s from but it’s now glued to my D-2.  Any ideas? 

IMG_6280.jpeg

Nice find!

Looked for it with the conventional methods, got nothing. Looks almost like a custom challenge coin from a prospecting group? 🤔 Got some dimensions?

BTW I have some something similar. I'm not particularly superstitious but put 4 leaf clovers on my gear. Started with a cast pin sent to everyone in my "group".

Someone here likely knows what that is.  I think you should alter your post title to get more eyes on the post.  Also, it's really more relevant to native/natural gold detectorists than coin and relic hunters.  As such the general forum is more likely to get noticed by those people.

16 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Someone here likely knows what that is.  I think you should alter your post title to get more eyes on the post.  Also, it's really more relevant to native/natural gold detectorists than coin and relic hunters.  As such the general forum is more likely to get noticed by those people.

You are right GB, I didn’t think about that.  

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice find!

Looked for it with the conventional methods, got nothing. Looks almost like a custom challenge coin from a prospecting group? 🤔 Got some dimensions?

BTW I have some something similar. I'm not particularly superstitious but put 4 leaf clovers on my gear. Started with a cast pin sent to everyone in my "group".

F350 it’s a bit smaller than a quarter and fairly thin.  I was thinking it was a badge from an old gold detector. GB is right I probably should have put it in the gold forum but I’ll just let it sit here I think. 

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice find!