Prospecting For Another Kind Of Gold (long Read) & A Little Success. Part #2

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

still feel a CTX 3030 has better depth on man's gold

Hard for me to forget 12.01 to 12.25 lottery numbers....

Still a sniper rifle today with the right conditions.

Too bad it feels less deep in detection than a D2 even with 9" coil...

I keep it as a relic and it will remain the instrument I have had the most confidence with.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing the trip with us and I really liked the beach picture. Didn't see any rocks on the beach so I guess they were really small.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skull diver said:

Hard for me to forget 12.01 to 12.25 lottery numbers....

Still a sniper rifle today with the right conditions.

Too bad it feels less deep in detection than a D2 even with 9" coil...

I keep it as a relic and it will remain the instrument I have had the most confidence with.

Yes, the golden #'s on the CTX.  My wife has a gorgeous triple diamond ring set in platinum that was handed down to her mother and when mom passed, handed down to my wife.  When the 3030 1st came out, I tested about 30 gold rings and was stunned to see 12.01.  Another interesting piece many folks don't know about.  A beautiful gold ring that's band has broken.  Good luck hearing those to most of you.

I imagine, as I start to get a dozen Caribbean trips under my belt with the Manti, and trying different Settings, I'm hoping to be more pleased with the depth when compared to my old reliable. 

Please anyone reading this, don't think the Manticore is not a good saltwater detector because that is absolutely false.  I'm saying this with confidence, it's my #1 go to saltwater detector overall.

- Easier to pack and I actually carry the complete detector on the plane with me. Can't do so with a CTX

- Swings in the water with least friction and after a few days, I can still hunt. CTX is like swinging a paddle.

- Much better waterproofing on Manti.  I had 3030's leaking the 1st trip we did.  Minelab said "you're doing something wrong".  Wonder why they finally changed the back seals and different O-ring?

- Better on small jewelry such as gold ankle/wrist bracelets, necklaces, earrings, belly studs.

- Faster Processor for when detecting around piers and areas in the water with higher iron trash.

- Price point is better and peace of mind when traveling with two Manti's vs two 3030's.

Side Note for land - Way better on gold nuggets than a CTX...I mean way better.

Yes, like you, I too will keep that long range sniper rifle for those few occasions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Didn't see any rocks on the beach so I guess they were really small.

I don't think your eyes were focused on the beach Valens.🤣

Quit looking at the pics from that fancy watch you got for Christmas that allows you to read emails.🤣

2MX00d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Quit looking at the pics from that fancy watch you got for Christmas

What are you talking about, I didn't get anything for Christmas. However you are more than welcome to post more of those beach pictures.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Busted !  

I thought the same thing Gerry ! 

It's OK VL . You're still young and have priorities .😏 

Nothin' wrong with that. But you DID miss the rock's tale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw rocks AND boulders not to mention some great jewelry. Interesting and fun read!

• Like 2

Heckuva trip, amigo…WTG!