Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Quest Scuba Tector Pro ...... Performance On Gold?

Does any one have any experience with this foldable hand held underwater detector?

I wonder how sensitive it is on womans gold rings? 

I  like the small foldable design. I could easily bring it in to my health clubs swimming beach area on a small private lake.

They would throw a hissy if I walked in there with a regular detector. 

TIA

Sounds like a game plan to me,i always thought about using just a Deus coil in say a shopping bag and remote in my pocket with a single earplug so it looks like i am listening to my mobile phone.....not done it yet but always fancied trying it out ???

• Haha 1

Hi Redneck,  Yes, I have one but have only used it in freshwater - local streams.  Is wonderful to be able to poke around with it under the rocks.  Found some stuff, but in spring intend to try it out extensively at the beach.  I made my own rod for it by cutting a hiking pole to length, drilling a hole through it near the bottom so that I could attach the rod to the screw portion on the top of the scuba.  Works very well.  I think this would be great for snorkeling in shallow water.  Jane

That is the earlier model.  I bought the tector pro  and it just arrived  . I'll have some time next week to test it. The coil is about 3" x 8" I also ordered an 8 round coil for it. It should be here in 3 weeks. 

DSC09269.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Redneck.  I have the same one as you.  Here are photos of what I attached to it when I need to use it with a longer rod.  It is a Leki walking pole which I cut and then screwed into a yellow ‘socket’ which in turn I screwed into the rod adaptor – latter supplied in the box from Quest.  The rod is light and very easy to take off.  Might come in useful if I stub my toe badly!  Would be nice to know your thoughts with the machine when you use it. Jane

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

• Like 1