Quest Scuba Tector Pro ...... Performance On Gold?

Does any one have any experience with this foldable hand held underwater detector?

I wonder how sensitive it is on womans gold rings? 

I  like the small foldable design. I could easily bring it in to my health clubs swimming beach area on a small private lake.

They would throw a hissy if I walked in there with a regular detector. 

TIA

Sounds like a game plan to me,i always thought about using just a Deus coil in say a shopping bag and remote in my pocket with a single earplug so it looks like i am listening to my mobile phone.....not done it yet but always fancied trying it out 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I didn't think of that!  But that cable is an issue. I'll have to dive down to the bottom to retrieve the target. They would frown on sand scoops!

Hi Redneck,  Yes, I have one but have only used it in freshwater - local streams.  Is wonderful to be able to poke around with it under the rocks.  Found some stuff, but in spring intend to try it out extensively at the beach.  I made my own rod for it by cutting a hiking pole to length, drilling a hole through it near the bottom so that I could attach the rod to the screw portion on the top of the scuba.  Works very well.  I think this would be great for snorkeling in shallow water.  Jane

That is the earlier model.  I bought the tector pro  and it just arrived  . I'll have some time next week to test it. The coil is about 3" x 8" I also ordered an 8 round coil for it. It should be here in 3 weeks. 

DSC09269.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Redneck.  I have the same one as you.  Here are photos of what I attached to it when I need to use it with a longer rod.  It is a Leki walking pole which I cut and then screwed into a yellow ‘socket’ which in turn I screwed into the rod adaptor – latter supplied in the box from Quest.  The rod is light and very easy to take off.  Might come in useful if I stub my toe badly!  Would be nice to know your thoughts with the machine when you use it. Jane

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

• Like 1

Thats a slick set up , Jane.    I have been bench testing my unit.  It will pick up my 10k wedding band at 5" if laying flat. Not so much if the ring is on end.  It picks up the coins at about 3.5" .   It picks up a 7.5 oz aluminum beverage can at 8" . 😝.   I'll recheck these targets when my 8" coil comes in for it in about a week. 

DSC09290.JPG