Had nice quick hunt at a local park this afternoon trying out the venerable F75. It was a gorgeous 66F and sunny and a slow day in the office, so I made some excuses to duck out and get some swings in. After 45 minutes or so, I pulled $1.26 in clad and a cute little .925 ring (see below), which is my first silver ring of year. Settings used were 70 sensitivity, disc at 6, default notch, DE mode, and 4H tones, and I used the stock 11" DD coil.

Nothing too exciting, but a lovely day to soak up some February sunshine and get more time in on the F75.

I have about 5-6 hours on this machine so far, so still early on the learning curve. I have to say, though, this is a deceptively simple machine to operate, especially for coinshooting. It also lives up to all the ergonomic hype and swings easier than its 3.5lbs. would suggest. Pinpointing is the best I've encountered in a detector, hands down. The audio takes some getting used to, however, compared to the Legend and the Nox -- it strikes my ears as shriller and more abrupt than either of those two newer SMF machines.

I'm looking forward to putting some more hours on this unit!

20240221_173551.thumb.jpg.080be09ab3897c43dfb758f7cfb7be5a.jpg