Jewelry Detecting.... Disappointing Results

The BIL had to help out at FLL so I decided to tag along for free hotel for 5 days. Went to Dania Beach since it is close to the airport. Tough conditions, they are driving huge trucks up and down the beach relocating sand. Almost impossible to get in a groove before having to sprint out of the way as to not get run over. 

Brought the Etrac this time and in 5 days of jumping , bobbing and weaving. I ended up with bout $2.75 in silver about 25 pennies ( none were old) a toy garbage truck and a single earring ( real stone but not expensive. Well it was fun to get out during the winter ( I live in MD) and get on the beach.

Better luck next time I guess.

17087162319322709768030184347891.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Nice hunt and you never know what you will find on the beach. Not to many people running to the beach this time of the year so I would call it a good few days.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Yea....most beaches are already cleaned out by other hunters over the winter with no new drops until the water warms up. Definitely a seasonal thing. I still go knowing that I'm not going to find much just to swing the detector. Gotta scratch the itch.

• Like 3

Nice hunt. My wife is originally from Maryland (PG County). I know there are some Civil War sites around there. Would love to hit those. Have you ever thought about hitting the beaches around Rehoboth, Dewey or Ocean City? I bet those places would produce a lot of gold and silver! Happy hunting!

• Like 1

Five Free days, can't go wrong with that and for sure your not missing anything here, in Maryland. Stay safe and watch those trucks!

On 2/24/2024 at 10:28 AM, CalReg said:

Nice hunt. My wife is originally from Maryland (PG County). I know there are some Civil War sites around there. Would love to hit those. Have you ever thought about hitting the beaches around Rehoboth, Dewey or Ocean City? I bet those places would produce a lot of gold and silver! Happy hunting!

I grew up in PG Co. .. Riverdale, near the BW Parkway. Than got married at 21 and lived in Bowie for 20 years, Next to Allen's Pond. As far as the Ocean beaches, this time of year things are dead. Summer the place rolls, but not like it did 16 years ago when I started. The problem, they do that beach replenishment every few years now, they survey and if it does not meet their specs, they pump that sand in.. kills the off season hunting 😬 I stopped going in 2015 but still have several friends that live there. 

15 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Five Free days, can't go wrong with that and for sure your not missing anything here, in Maryland. Stay safe and watch those trucks!

I grew up in PG Co. .. Riverdale, near the BW Parkway. Than got married at 21 and lived in Bowie for 20 years, Next to Allen's Pond. As far as the Ocean beaches, this time of year things are dead. Summer the place rolls, but not like it did 16 years ago when I started. The problem, they do that beach replenishment every few years now, they survey and if it does not meet their specs, they pump that sand in.. kills the off season hunting 😬 I stopped going in 2015 but still have several friends that live there. 

My wife is originally from Beltsville. We have good friends in Silver Spring and Gaithersburg...most have moved away though...good luck!

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 10:28 AM, CalReg said:

Sad thing is that MD is anti metal detecting pretty much everywhere. No state parks, public lands, beaches etc. Only private land is good and that is a PIA. I'm sure there are many that still detect but until I retire I'm a strict law follower.... don't want to get my clearance pulled or need to answer stupid questions to investigators. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moondog69 said:

Sad thing is that MD is anti metal detecting pretty much everywhere. No state parks, public lands, beaches etc. Only private land is good and that is a PIA. I'm sure there are many that still detect but until I retire I'm a strict law follower.... don't want to get my clearance pulled or need to answer stupid questions to investigators. 🙂

I had no idea they were that strict in MD on treasure hunting. Oh well, maybe that's why I haven't seen many people MD'ing!

12 hours ago, moondog69 said:

Sad thing is that MD is anti metal detecting pretty much everywhere. No state parks, public lands, beaches etc. Only private land is good and that is a PIA.

I googled it up and couldn't find anything that says you can't detect the 31 miles of Maryland's Atlantic ocean beach. I bet it's a great place to detect since it's so crowded in the summer. Go at night with a headlamp to avoid the crowds.