Deus 1 And Orx Remote Control (as It Relates To The Rcdigs Mounting System)...

steveg

Hey all.

I know this is the Deus 2 forum, but this relates to the discussion going on in the RCDigs mount thread, and specifically, to DSMITH's questions.

I have spoken with the guy who makes the RCDigs mounts, about an idea that I had that would make the mount directly compatible with either a Deus 1 or an ORX remote.  My idea is to make an "adapter," that fits the inside of the mount, but fits the outside of the Deus/ORX remote, so that you'd simply slide the adapter into the mount, and then slide the remote into the adapter.  This might be a relatively low-cost, simple way to make the mount (designed specifically to fit the D2 remote) compatible with the D1/ORX.

The issues are these:

1.  I'm not sure if the shape of the Deus 1 and ORX remotes are identical, or just "similar."  If anyone has an answer to this, please let me know.  I THINK they are identical, but not positive on that...

2.  Neither of us has a D1 or ORX remote at our disposal, to use as a template for developing such an "adapter."  So, if by chance anyone has a defective one, that is no longer under warranty or whatever, and thus is just collecting dust, I'd be interested in it.  Again, I'd just need one for enough time to use it as a template, so it doesn't make much sense to purchase a properly functioning one, just for "design" purposes.  But, a non-functioning one, that could thus be had for a much lower price, would be worth purchasing...

Thoughts?

Steve

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 2/29/2024 at 4:44 AM, steveg said:

Hey all.

I know this is the Deus 2 forum, but this relates to the discussion going on in the RCDigs mount thread, and specifically, to DSMITH's questions.

I have spoken with the guy who makes the RCDigs mounts, about an idea that I had that would make the mount directly compatible with either a Deus 1 or an ORX remote.  My idea is to make an "adapter," that fits the inside of the mount, but fits the outside of the Deus/ORX remote, so that you'd simply slide the adapter into the mount, and then slide the remote into the adapter.  This might be a relatively low-cost, simple way to make the mount (designed specifically to fit the D2 remote) compatible with the D1/ORX.

The issues are these:

1.  I'm not sure if the shape of the Deus 1 and ORX remotes are identical, or just "similar."  If anyone has an answer to this, please let me know.  I THINK they are identical, but not positive on that...

2.  Neither of us has a D1 or ORX remote at our disposal, to use as a template for developing such an "adapter."  So, if by chance anyone has a defective one, that is no longer under warranty or whatever, and thus is just collecting dust, I'd be interested in it.  Again, I'd just need one for enough time to use it as a template, so it doesn't make much sense to purchase a properly functioning one, just for "design" purposes.  But, a non-functioning one, that could thus be had for a much lower price, would be worth purchasing...

Thoughts?

Steve

Hey Steve if interested I could send you my ORX remote so you could use it as a temp-let and then just send it back to me when finished, i am not getting in much detecting rite now so it would not be an issue to loan it to you, then just send it back when finished with what you need from it.

I really want to purchase one of those RCDIGS things but I just have not had a chance to purchase one yet so if you and the manufacturer can come up with a solution for a better fit of the ORX remote I will wait to purchase one when you and RCDIGS comes up with the adapter to make it better for the ORX fit

Let me know

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Hey Steve if interested I could send you my ORX remote so you could use it as a temp-let and then just send it back to me when finished, i am not getting in much detecting rite now so it would not be an issue to loan it to you, then just send it back when finished with what you need from it.

It's already in the works so stay tuned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

It's already in the works so stay tuned.

With Chase's assistance, I might add... 🙂

Steve

• Like 2

@DSMITH -- 

Send me an email, if you are interested, at steve@stevesdetectorrods.com.  Ryan has a working prototype of the adapter I mentioned; I wanted to see if you'd be interested in field-testing it...

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steveg said:

@DSMITH -- 

Send me an email, if you are interested, at steve@stevesdetectorrods.com.  Ryan has a working prototype of the adapter I mentioned; I wanted to see if you'd be interested in field-testing it...

Thanks!

Steve

I sent you an email Steve, yes I would absolutely love to be a field tester of the proto type and thank you for the opportunity to do so 

7 hours ago, DSMITH said:

I sent you an email Steve, yes I would absolutely love to be a field tester of the proto type and thank you for the opportunity to do so 

Thank you!

Steve