Indoor Viability For Metal Detectors??

Some of the old homes had plaster on walls and ceilings that use a metal mesh to keep it on the walls. With that said detectors would be uselessΒ  at that point. I have found loose boards in closets, hallways, bedrooms, and attics where people have had a nice little storage place.

The older the home the more you have to look.

I do remember watching my grandfather use a metal detector in a house after he turned off all power to the house.

That cut down on emi and helped detect the walls with his metal detector and pin pointer.

Good luck on your adventure.

20 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

Joe read his post again, he doesn't have a detector yet, he's considering the Equinox 600 or the 800.

Oops, I got ahead of himself! I was never very good a reading retention in school!πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘

I would do a visual search. In the house I grew up in, the attic floorboards were a good idea. Try and find one board that is really short in length. We found ours contained and old cobalt blue syringe (in a wooden case) and some odds and ends. But it could have held cash previously. Cellars (as mentioned) are good, especially if they have dirt floors. There was a guy locally that found a cash box for some people that they knew existed, but their father died before he disclosed where. He used a very small coil, low sensitivity and was looking for a decent size metal box. He did find it for them. Either way, just looking around in any area that may have a loose board or a ledge or hidden pocket. I would do cellar and attic first, barn second, and if there is a chicken coop, under that. Good luck.