Took My Mini Highbanker To My "too Low Water Flow" For My River Sluice. That Made All The Difference

Back to the same river spot I was yesterday. Because there was such a small amount of water flow to operate my river sluice, I brought my California mini highbanker. And that made all the difference.

a.jpg.b8a242c04dcd30be1634e41dbca53492.jpg

I previously had to chop a hole in the ice. Can't really dam up water when the river is covered with ice.

b.jpg.353b4d7995288e0acfa6606a6318ff5e.jpg

This amount was much better then my small previous attempt at this site.

Whoo, i wish i had a creek close to me with that much gold. I dredge in OHIO, and get about that much in a year. Don't know if i could handle that ice or not, I can't do like i used to. I soon will be 73 years old, broken back, metal plate in my neck. I still keep going.  Good job.  Dean

8 hours ago, Dean Stone said:

i wish i had a creek close to me with that much gold

There is some nice gold areas in Ohio near the Kentucky line.

Look at some of the creeks towards that area and check them out.

Good luck.

14 hours ago, John-Edmonton said:

Back to the same river spot I was yesterday.

You are a true inspiration  to a lot of people because of how you area able to get every grain of gold from areas that are not wanting to give it up.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

On 3/10/2024 at 11:12 PM, Valens Legacy said:

You are a true inspiration  to a lot of people because of how you area able to get every grain of gold from areas that are not wanting to give it up.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Thanks. My grandfarher's saying was that "where there's a will, there's a away." I never understood what he meant untl I was  grown man!

On 3/10/2024 at 2:15 PM, Dean Stone said:

Whoo, i wish i had a creek close to me with that much gold. I dredge in OHIO, and get about that much in a year. Don't know if i could handle that ice or not, I can't do like i used to. I soon will be 73 years old, broken back, metal plate in my neck. I still keep going.  Good job.  Dean

Just remeber, it's flour gold. I enlarge the flakes with my camera, because they look so much nicer.