The California Mini Highbanker Really Performed Well Today

Took my California Mini highbanker back to the chunky-flour-gold river, and did mostly free digging, as the frost is starting to thaw out. I managed to move a lot more material, as I wasn't screening it into buckets for feeding the mini. And, the results speak for themselves.

march14d.jpg.48246a91e662aa57a4a579cb9c8bd88d.jpg

I have done quite well with this little unit. The whole system fits in a 5 gallon plastic bucket, and my 12 volt  60 amp/hr lithium ion battery (very light) fits in my back pack. I can either pack it in my sled or just carry it in a bucket to get to those far away places.

march14b.JPG.1c347e3b7c8c36978a4adfeb8d5f7a15.JPG

I dug down to about 18 inches below these old gravel beds. Beyond that, the ground was still frozen. I dug for a bout 3 hours, which is plenty for me. Filled in my holes, went home and ran my concentrates through my micro sluices in the basement.

march14a.JPG.581dde895f6953d618f7d626e9c4d5fa.JPG

Here's the shiny from today! I should sleep well tonite.🥱

• Like 8

Great job on the gold, and I like the area that you are digging. Those areas are what I look for here in my area, and they are far and few between. Where I have had the best luck around here is where I can see more quartz mixed in the gravel and clay. I have some creeks that have only the small river rock that is about 2 feet deep and then all clay. You have to get to the clay and grind it up to free the gold.

Good luck on your net outing and stay safe out there. Looks like your going to beat last year by a lot this year.