New Member From Virginia USA

Tyler

Tyler here, nice to meet everyone. I’ve been reading a lot of the forum information and have seen a lot of great information that had helped me a lot. I swing a GPX 4000, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites TDI older big box, and have a Nokta legend. I primarily relic hunt but have been wanting to get into gold prospecting. I have a mix of highly mineralized ground, moderate, and good ground all in the area. live in central Virginia along the gold pyrite belt that had many active mines in the past and a few smaller a ones now as all the large scale ones have all been inactive because of restrictions from local governments so it’s mainly individuals and clubs. I have had great success with civil war and colonial relics around here as we are on the heart of the action. I have yet to find any natural gold but haven’t spent a lot of time searching for any as of yet. I currently for the GPX I have  a 15x12 DD commander that I relic hunt with, an 11 DD and a 10x5 DD. A long with the 3 minelab coils for the equinox. Any tips for prospecting? I have access to a lot of ground of all types. Creeks, rivers, springs, rock outcrops etc. Also any thoughts on the detech 15 Ultimate spiral? Since I already have the 15x12 is there much difference? I’d be using it for relics and gold. Also should I get a mono coil for the GPX? There’s a lot of iron all around from farming and the war so I like to have the iron reject of the DD coils. I have a 12 inch mono for the TDI I have been finding  BB sized pieces of melted camp lead when in camps. Is the TDI a descent machine for gold? Sorry if this is too much. I look forward to talking with everyone. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum from Eastern Virginia. 

• Like 1

Welcome from East Texas.

• Like 1

Welcome Tyler,

That's alot of good info to digest, and you should get lots of help here, but it may take a bit of back and forth! Plenty here who use, or have used all your detectors and coils, so you are in a good place for specific "detector for location/target" advise!!

How long have you been detecting? And what detector(s) are you most proficient with in your opinion? I did see you are primarily a relic hunter! Very lucky location wise, as several others here do well with relics too, in the area! But even more so, if you can hunt for natural gold there too!

Good luck!🍀👍👍

• Like 1