New To The Group Just Wanted To Say Hi

Nedkel

Just a bit about myself.

Grew up in outback QLD, Meet my Partner in NT when I was doing tag along tours, prospecting for Garnets and Zircons in the Harts Ranges. We meet up with Mels parents and friends going to WA to prospected for Gold for 3 months.

I wasn't into gold really but I did live in a gold area as a child and my parents brought me a gold pan when i was 7. I joined the group traveling with them to find camp spots and where to find watering points, so for the first 2 months I learnt to pan and finely they convinced me to try the 4500 which I now own. We stopped at a spot they showed me how to start the detector and all went off, so I just went near the car detecting and got my first signal under a tree, they all come to see me dig and there was my first piece a gram worth. Off they all went 5 mins later I got another signal so they all came back, another good bit of gold bang I was hooked and have been ever since getting over 1 ounce of gold in WA.

Now in Vic, but I have a dam hard time finding gold here as the countryside is so different. I have hit some good patchers over the years here and found gold up to 10 gram nuggets' last one was a 9.6 grams with the GPX 2300 at Christmas time.

Also compete in the Gold panning comps at Blackwood and Wedderburn scoring a first and second, but after a serious work accident nearly 2 yrs ago, its a battle to just get out to detected or to compete, but still having a go.

One of my daughters just competed in her first gold panning completion and came 3rd she was so happy, and she just done her first token hunt with a detector at the Celebration of Neville Perry Day and for her effort won a gold nugget, so proud of her.

G'day everyone looking forward to reading the forums and see all the photo's

Cheers Kel

• Like 5

Welcome to the team Kel, great introduction post.  

• Like 1

Cheers Phrunt

Really interested in the AgoForce E1500 as I need a lighter detector these days, and it’s great reading the reviews.

Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome and glad to have you here!

I think we could also learn a lot from you with what you have done and I know if you ever have a question that someone here could help you out.

Hope to read some of your stories of hunts that you have and maybe see some pictures of your finds.

Good luck and good hunting.