3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm not sure... It had some kind of iron in it:

20240330_170349.thumb.jpg.8daec6117ffc78529ca3935228c59269.jpg

And the oddly shaped one is flat on the other side.

20240330_170404.thumb.jpg.a0f2e4417455a90105271de18fd442b6.jpg

They're both thick and heavy.

The octagon piece may be a saddle stud or other horse decoration. Would have looked good polished up brass, or even plated. Does the other thick piece have any indication of a way to mount it? If not I would not rule out some kind of old coin. You are in an area where who knows what might have been brought over from Europe in the 1600's  Could be ancient.  It doesn't seem to serve a purpose just being a copper or bronze disc, so I'm thinking maybe coin.

11 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

The octagon piece may be a saddle stud or other horse decoration. Would have looked good polished up brass, or even plated. Does the other thick piece have any indication of a way to mount it? If not I would not rule out some kind of old coin. You are in an area where who knows what might have been brought over from Europe in the 1600's  Could be ancient.  It doesn't seem to serve a purpose just being a copper or bronze disc, so I'm thinking maybe coin.

Definitely strange, here they are with a penny for comparison. They almost look like they would fit together, the raised portion is the same size, but the one on the right is all brass. 🤔

20240331_092902.thumb.jpg.b16e3c4657a11971ed08fd00de9f22e6.jpg

Thanks for weighing in! 🙂

Yo 350 I put stuff like that in the tumbler and see what it turns out afterward...might give some ideas... hard nox might be on the right track... was thing the same...part of a bridal or something

strick