I thought it was going to be a nice day today, sunny and in the 60s with a bit of wind, but not what it ended up being.

20240329_103702.thumb.jpg.c6e1c10b190c24d9414f76533a00abe9.jpg

There was no wind at all when I got there, it was cloudy and kinda cold, in the 40s. My goal was to check out the last spot Chase and I didn't get to, about an 8 acre spot. I found nothing there. 🫤 Nothing.

But, in 7 hours and 7 miles of walking, I managed to get a few things, random stuff here and there:

20240329_193423.thumb.jpg.53b61f6957970b7550bfb81edd9605ef.jpg

7 more buttons, two of which may not be, the octagon and the misshapen one 3d from the left. A few buckle bits and a whole buckle. Only 4 came from the button hotspot.

What really stands out is the smallest thing in the button row, I've found plenty of buttons with no shanks, but never a shank with no button! It was about 4" deep, a solid 51. The Deus hit it like it was on the surface.

Also dug a 1945 wheat.

20240329_181925.thumb.jpg.9f566505bcaf20849a169d4bf9c71579.jpg

I don't get much trash using relic with the 13", and today was no exception.

By the end of they day the wind was blowing 20mph with gusts to 35, I really couldn't hear targets through the WSA II headphones, so I called it early.

Nice hunting and some good finding too.

Once again some nice finds in the books for you.

Glad to see you having so much luck with your permissions.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

Nice pic of all the buttons 350 . The lone shank probably surrendered to be with his friends ?

The junk pic had several items I would have put in the good finds pic ! You're welcome to toss them out here for me to find . 😏 

7 miles....hmmmm I was just thinking about driving the car over to the infield so I don't have to walk the 1/4 mile RT.  🙄 The vehicle gate near me is locked again and the pedestrian entrance is on the other end ... 

40* and the same 40 for the wind gusts.

13 hours ago, JCR said:

Nice hunting and some good finding too.

Thanks JCR,

Another possibility for all these different buttons and no coins could be that it was a training spot for the militia around 1776. 🤔 There is an account of one being raised in this area. Could have been active, like combat training, which could explain why buttons fell off.

Shame we will probably never know. 😵

10 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Once again some nice finds in the books for you.

Glad to see you having so much luck with your permissions.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

Thanks VL,

I'm beginning to wonder if it's time to cut and run for the year 😅 a recap would astound me, I think. 🤯

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Nice pic of all the buttons 350 . The lone shank probably surrendered to be with his friends ?

The junk pic had several items I would have put in the good finds pic ! You're welcome to toss them out here for me to find . 😏 

7 miles....hmmmm I was just thinking about driving the car over to the infield so I don't have to walk the 1/4 mile RT.  🙄 The vehicle gate near me is locked again and the pedestrian entrance is on the other end ... 

40* and the same 40 for the wind gusts.

Yikes, yeah the wind got really brutal. It was warm, around 67, but ya wouldn't have known it 🤬 yep it's all yours now.

I put most things I find in display cases, I have quite the collection now, and common objects like shotgun head stamps and bullets, especially buckshot, get round filed. The larger brass that's identifiable goes in a box.

If I ever get up there I could bring the box... 🤔

The octagon..reminds me of some tokens I’ve found...are you sure it’s a button?

strick

4 hours ago, strick said:

The octagon..reminds me of some tokens I’ve found...are you sure it’s a button?

strick

I'm not sure... It had some kind of iron in it:

20240330_170349.thumb.jpg.8daec6117ffc78529ca3935228c59269.jpg

And the oddly shaped one is flat on the other side.

20240330_170404.thumb.jpg.a0f2e4417455a90105271de18fd442b6.jpg

They're both thick and heavy.

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

🤬 yep it's all yours now.

The larger brass that's identifiable goes in a box.

If I ever get up there I could bring the box... 🤔

Cool , just scatter it around , no point in making it too easy to find.😎 

I've been using those fishing tackle segmented trays  (~9x12x1.5?) for my finds . 

But will be dumping almost all of it along with anything else not screwed down to reduce weight in the rig though.  Need any more guitars ?LOL🙄