Nokta Legend 1st Visits A "hunted Out" Spot

It was nice today and although my tendonitis was cutting up bad in my right forearm I went anyway! So a first today, using my left arm to swing. Needless to say the sweeping wasn't as refined as using my dominant right arm, LOL. I've hunted this place for years with all kinds of metal detectors. The last time I went about a year ago the ground was silent except for a can slaw signal here and there with the Equinox. So finding anything at all here is an accomplishment. The Legend showed me it definitely has its place in my collection. Managed to pull some clad quarters, couple nickels, some dimes, and of course, pennies. All clad stuff. No silver. Never found silver in this particular place. Also found an Avon heart ring (junk).  Also dug my fair share of junk today- pull tabs, can slaw, bottle caps and other shrapnel. These aren't Earth-shattering finds for anybody. But they are something in an area I've pounded to death for years. The Legend speaks a different language and will find the goods if they are there. I find myself hunting in Park M1 and M2. All Metal mode. Deepest find was the crusty quarter at 8 inches down. Sensitivity was ran at 20-22 with LG30. I'm happy with the results. 10 hrs total on the Legend now. 

Everything I dug between 11-24, 28-38 was junk. Nickels chimed in at 25-27, dimes consistent 46-47, Quarters at 49-50, pennies 39-41 and 45-46.

033124_Legend.jpg

Your experience matches my first impressions of the Legend. It will hunt. I haven’t been disappointed.

New legend user here. Like the OP, the IF and stability seem a little vague and the manual is not helping. What little Nokta says about it is well summarized above.

This is what helped me: This is what I see this machine doing when these settings are changed, and is enough to make use of what it does in the field. Not enough to know how it does it but enough to get it to do what I want.

A truly remarkable machine.

So that wound up in the wrong thread. Cannot see how to fix. Hope you all understand.

That's a solid hunt, especially for an area you've pounded before with other detectors.

I get very similar VDIs in my soil, with the main difference being nickels can run a little lower (23-27) and quarters a little higher (49-52). I actually hit a clad quarter the other day that was showing 39/40. No idea why that was the case, and there wasn't anything else in the hole to cause the VDI to be so low.