Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Nokta PI Gold & Nokta PI Relic Added To Database

I'm really looking forward to these detectors, well the Gold one, after rallying for them to do it for some time I am pretty excited to know they're coming.  Hopefully they have listened to some of the user requests in their final design.

• Like 4

On 6/5/2024 at 4:27 PM, phrunt said:

I'm really looking forward to these detectors, well the Gold one, after rallying for them to do it for some time I am pretty excited to know they're coming.  Hopefully they have listened to some of the user requests in their final design.

I'm just hoping they are at least comparable in performance to the Axiom at an attractive price point. It would be nice to see some new tech/features that aren't currently being used in other PI's. I really am looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

2 hours ago, Lead Detector said:

I'm just hoping they are at least comparable in performance to the Axiom at an attractive price point. It would be nice to see some new tech/features that aren't currently being used in other PI's. I really am looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Waterproof on a more standard PI type design not something obscure like the SDC.  That's going to be a selling point to many people.   A cheaper priced waterproof Axiom and they're going to do well for themselves.

• Like 2

The main thing lacking on my Axiom is it’s not waterproof and the coils float like corks. No aftermarket coils. If the Nokta performs just as well as the Axiom but is waterproof, I’ll switch. If it performs better in any way, bonus. If they have good coils for in water use, which a waterproof machine is bound to have, better yet. If the aftermarket supports them, and they always have, home run. As long as the price is right, and they are swearing it will be. Consider me already sold, it’s their game to screw up and lose.

nokta-the-pulse-induction-promise.jpg

nokta-pulse-induction-metal-detector-gold-relic-waterproof.jpg

• Like 4

If they make a nice dual machine relic/beach -gold/beach water proof im in 100%. Im feeling more hyped about this than the garret not because of brand but Soil conditions are the worst for metal detectors here and as many have guessed it wont be a pi machine. I hope they make a detector u can swap batteries out for or use an external one like they started with the kruzer anphibio line. I have changed the nimh battery packs for ion packs on my excal 2 its nice to be able to change quick they last longer can spend many +hours in the water as long as big fish dont show up.

• Like 3

I think we can rule out the use of GPX coils on the Nokta Pulse machines, they're waterproof, the GPX coils are either not waterproof or waterproof to shallow depths, this was all the GPX needed seeing the coil connector is just a 5 pin microphone plug that isn't waterproof anyway with the GPX itself not being a waterproof machine.

Looks like we can expect entirely new design new coils from Nokta, I hope they don't try and lock them down in any way and embrase the aftermarket possibilities.  When their detector becomes popular enough it's likely some aftermarket manufacturers may make some coils for it, probably Detech would be one of them.

• Like 3

I agree. If they are serious about being waterproof they need their own line of coils, neutral weight in water and obviously with waterproof connections. Be fun if they were GPX compatible with an adapter but I’m guessing not. Truth is if they intend to push a performance edge borrowing ideas from X-Coil for some truly unique and affordable coil options would give them a competitive advantage.

• Like 5