X Terra Elite or Equinox 600, Which Is Better?

6 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

У вас справді є Equinox 600?

600, 700 і X-Terra Elite мають дуже схожу технологію Multi IQ, програмне забезпечення та функції.

X-Terra Pro не має технології/програмного забезпечення Multi IQ.

,Yes, but I know that the xterra Elite differs only in multi, so it seems to me that the devices are very similar, but I think it is unknown how the Elite works in comparison to Equinox, so I want to hear the opinion of those who have already bought the Elite, how it works, whether it has the same performance as Equinox or not...

5 minutes ago, Taras999 said:

I want to hear the opinion of those who have already bought the Elite....

That's commendable, but don't be surprised if it takes a while to get those reviews.  Anyone who already owns an Equinox or Manticore (both from Minelab) or an XP Deus 2 or a Nokta Legend is unlikely to get an Elite as they already have the detecting performance 'space' covered by any of these detectors.  There are always a few who just can't resist trying out a new detector, though, so maybe the report(s) will arrive quicker than I anticipate.  In the meantime (as in Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:00 EDT USA) there will be an announcement by Garrett of a new detector.  That likely (hopefully) will be in a higher class than the X-Terra Elite, but if some knowledgeable detectorist has loose change around for only one new detector, that might deflect him/her away from spending it on the X-T Elite....

I have the 600 and the pro. Don't have an elite, waiting on the garrett release on that. I will say, the ergos, the shaft, coil and balance on the pro is way ahead of the 600. The elite looks to be the same. More custom adjustments on the nox but as far as raw performance i think it's gonna be a draw. The vanquish is pretty impresive for no more adjustability than it has. We'll see when the elites start hitting the fields.

9 hours ago, PUHH said:

New firmware for Equinox- 700/900 add function from Elite 🙂

iron bias -1 and continues noise cancel 

I think hardware and software 700 and Elite same, with little change

this software for EQ 700 and EQ900 is already in the world...

https://www.lovecpokladu.cz/home/minelab-equinox-700-900-upgrade-softwaru-9820

good night

Well it has the same programs, same battery, multi freq same and slightly larger coil -> autotracking balance wich might work better who knows .... Ohh wait and i forgot to mention my 600  flooded first time in water although it said it was waterproof. What do you expect out of either of them based on your detecting areas.

I have used the Elite a few times now.  My Equinox 600 needs a battery replacement and has previously been replaced due to the pod leaking so I decided to give the Elite a try.  I always used 50tones on the Nox so I used the all tones on the Elite and the “expanded” ID range and tones is not enjoyable to me.  The 50 tone would lock in on a solid tone better to me, at least on coins and “solid” targets but would be wobbly on misshaped items, can slaw, bent fence wire, etc.  The expanded range seems to waver on every target, once you’ve pinpointed and centered the target it improves but still isn’t locked in on 1-2 tones like the 50tone did.  Seems like even a 4-5” deep coin still wobbles 3-4 points after pinpointing.  It seems to have all the depth, separation and sensitivity of the 600 but the lack of tone/ID stability isn’t doing it for my ears.  I’ll be getting a new battery for the 600 and selling this one.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Noah (FL) said:

The expanded range seems to waver on every target, once you’ve pinpointed and centered the target it improves but still isn’t locked in on 1-2 tones like the 50tone did.  Seems like even a 4-5” deep coin still wobbles 3-4 points after pinpointing.  It seems to have all the depth, separation and sensitivity of the 600 but the lack of tone/ID stability isn’t doing it for my ears.  I’ll be getting a new battery for the 600 and selling this one.  

That's a common response for many who moved from a 600/800 to the X-terra Pro/Elite or Nox 700/900.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1