Geoview Found-what Could Be It?

a dip in the ground where water settles more causing it to be greener? 

Most likely a rehabbed drill site. All of the drill cuttings have been pushed aside with a dozer and the bags collected and dumped. Lots of these in the district. The discolorization is due to the drill cuttings being green such as diorite, serpentine or green shale. Often, Nickel deposits are in a green zone there I've noticed.

As there aren’t very definitive and more recent egress tracks leading to those I think they may be natural- to determine wether they’re mineral outcrops or places where cows hang out will take boots on the ground or at least some better aerials than that image.

See if you can get lidar imagery of the area. Prospect pits/spoil piles are easy to see on those, but they have the be high resolution imagery. In the US a lot of the lidar is still the low resolution and the prospects are harder/impossible to see on it, I'm not sure about Australia resolutions.  

On 4/25/2024 at 7:26 AM, Aureous said:

Most likely a rehabbed drill site. All of the drill cuttings have been pushed aside with a dozer and the bags collected and dumped. Lots of these in the district. The discolorization is due to the drill cuttings being green such as diorite, serpentine or green shale. Often, Nickel deposits are in a green zone there I've noticed.

Hi I have checked the historical google earth map from 1984, appeared it has been there since then. @GotAU?

7 hours ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Hi I have checked the historical google earth map from 1984, appeared it has been there since then. @GotAU?

Drilling of Nickel anomalies and structural drilling has been going on there since the early 1970's. A great deal of 'Mining the stockmarket' occurred during and after the Poseidon Nickel boom of the late 1960's. A great many minor Nickel anomalies were drilled and explored to give the appearance of actual work taking place. The region is full of these and the soil is usually discolored for many decades.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Then probably a drill site as Aureous says, or maybe weathering bedrock outcrops?  It would help also if you can get a geologic map of the area.  If you suspect a drill site, it wouldn’t hurt to take some samples and pan them out.

15 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Then probably a drill site as Aureous says, or maybe weathering bedrock outcrops?  It would help also if you can get a geologic map of the area.  If you suspect a drill site, it wouldn’t hurt to take some samples and pan them out.

@AureousI have just checked the detailed geo map. yes, they are bedrock outcrops and map said Czc🙄..any prospective?

See where red pins are 😁

Screenshot 2024-04-27 230216.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

I have just checked the detailed geo map. yes, they are bedrock outcrops and map said Czc🙄..any prospective?

Cainozoic is simply Tertiary alluvium or most likely a conglomerate deposit, These are often sources of well traveled minerals and commonly drilled to determine both for mine-able values and to obtain mineral samples to determine regional sources of said mineral. In this case, usually gold and/or Nickel. So, some prospectivity but nothing to 'pack your bags at once and go' sorta thing 😉   I see its at Wilga, East of Lake Carey. Many of us here on DP will recognize the name and know that the whole district has had many thousands of gold patches found over the past few decades. With the right detector setup, Lake Carey itself is always worth trying and has produced 1000's of ounces of gold in the past.

• Like 1