Minelab Battery 6 Month Warranty

So you just got that new Minelab and it has a three year warranty, right? Well, sort of. From Product Warranty | Minelab Metal Detectors (emphasis added)

WARRANTY PERIODS

GPZ 7000, GPZ 7000 accessories, GPX Series, GPX series accessories, SDC 2300, SDC 2300 accessories, CTX 3030, CTX 3030 accessories, MANTICORE, MANTICORE accessories, EQUINOX Series, EQUINOX series accessories, X-TERRA PRO, X-TERRA PRO accessories, VANQUISH Series, VANQUISH series accessories, Minelab branded bags include warranty for a period of 3 years (36 months) from the Date of Purchase. *excludes all batteries*

GO-FIND Series, GOLD MONSTER 1000, GOLD MONSTER 1000 accessories and PRO-FIND Series are covered for 2 years (24 months) from the Date of Purchase. *excludes all batteries*

Excalibur II, Excalibur II accessories, X-TERRA VOYAGER, PRO-GOLD and PRO-SONIC are warranted for a period of 1 year (12 months) from the Date of Purchase. *excludes all batteries*

Minelab batteries and PRO-SWING 45  and some accessories are under warranty for a period of 6 months from the Date of Purchase.

AFRICA: 3 year warranty period applies only to control box. 1 year replacement warranty on coils. 6 month warranty on batteries and battery chargers / AC adapters.

• Like 1

Yeah, I found that out when the main battery went bad on my year old 900. At least they aren't too expensive or difficult to install.

Minelab just keeps on killing it- yes all the incentives for buying their products. If they keep at it like this being sneaky and cheap along with putting something so important as the battery on a mere 6 month warranty they are really mashing their own crotch. It's becoming more clear they only want to sell their stuff and once that is done they are done with you. It always starts with small things. I get it that batteries are not always reliable, but 6 months? Come on man, the least you can do is 12 months on the battery.

Wish I had known the XTerra Pro worked only with those extra expensive special Minelab headphones that adds another $100 tot he final purchase (I won't pay that). Now I learn the battery has a mere 6 month warranty too? Yeah that great deal isn't looking so great now.

6 months? Why not just have packs users can install themselves? Was never a fan of built in batteries on machines. Lithium can toss quite a bit of heat out and as they get older they can get noisy.

6 months is pretty low, might was well stuff alkalines inside 🙂