M8 Finds Gold And Other Things

13 minutes ago, matt said:

It sure seems to sniff out the small gold.

Even tiny, tiny gold.  A .06 gram flake with the M8.  And I know of much, like, MUCH smaller bits being sniffed out by the M8.

thumbnail_IMG_1551.jpg.75620477d5888981daee49c09cf7e719.jpg

- Dave

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, matt said:

Super nice finds! Can't wait to try out my m8 coil too. It sure seems to sniff out the small gold.

I think this coil is definitely finding smaller pieces of gold. I have found 4 gold toe rings and pieces of gold chain all in the wet sand since I got the coil a month or so ago. I hadn't found a gold toe ring in about 2 years and all of a sudden...4. Also, lots of open earrings that are normally difficult to find.

Taking it inland for a few weeks to see how it performs.

18 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

Even tiny, tiny gold.  A .06 gram flake with the M8.  And I know of much, like, MUCH smaller bits being sniffed out by the M8.

thumbnail_IMG_1551.jpg.75620477d5888981daee49c09cf7e719.jpg

- Dave

That sure is a tiny bit! I would love to take the M8 to some of my old beat to death gold patches. Good to hear it's doing a great job.

Nice hunting. I don't see any scratches on those Ray Bans....how did that happen??? What is the gold coin in the 2nd pic? Replica?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Nice hunting. I don't see any scratches on those Ray Bans....how did that happen??? What is the gold coin in the 2nd pic? Replica?

Hey Brad thanks! It's a mystery to me how those glasses came out so good. Must have been lost not too long ago. I found them in the water. Hardly anyone getting in the water, so not too many fresh drops out there. The gold coin is a replica. I was tempted to throw it back in but I might be the one struggling to dig it up again some day. lol

On 4/30/2024 at 5:24 PM, okara gold said:

Best morning was 4 pieces all in the wet sand

I had the same experience yesterday morning while on the bottom of a spot that I hate given the difficulty in getting past a barrier of rocks.
Exactly 4 small pieces in the range of half a gram to two and a half grams.
In addition to a really thin 3.15 gram bracelet found in another spot where nothing sounded.

It seems the M8 it is the tool to re-check supposed hunted out spots for remaining stuff💣

IMG_20240430_164017.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, okara gold said:

Hardly anyone getting in the water, so not too many fresh drops out there.

Yea, here too. I don't get it. The water is a nice 78 degrees and there are quite a few sunbathers, but nobody in the water. I'm thinking the air temp needs to get hotter and humidity needs to move in in order to make them want to cool off in the water. Maybe they are just waiting for the June/summer last school bell to ring before getting wet. I'll be out there. 😁

• Like 2