Found *the Spot*

Wow....rough conditions indeed but the pay off was there. You had to work for it! I can only imagine 110 rings for the year in my dreams. Great hunting skills, great locations you have. Thanks for posting.

Damn, over a hundred rings for the year...very impressive. Keep on swinging...congrats!

On 5/3/2024 at 12:27 AM, CalReg said:

Damn, over a hundred rings for the year...very impressive. Keep on swinging...congrats!

Thank you! I'm pretty happy with that 🙂

On 5/2/2024 at 5:51 AM, TTT2866 said:

For reference, I've found close to 600 rings scattered in this area over the last 5 years

600/12=50 rings per month

50/4=12,5 rings per week

Gold is approx 20% of the rings found

Average gold ring is 4,5g

Average gold (in Europe) is 60%

That means 540g of gold 60%, equal to 324g of pure gold; today, gold is 69€/g... So that's more than 22.000€/24.000USD

That spot is a mine! 

• Oh my! 1

On 5/7/2024 at 7:22 AM, Airtemisa said:

600/12=50 rings per month

50/4=12,5 rings per week

Gold is approx 20% of the rings found

Average gold ring is 4,5g

Average gold (in Europe) is 60%

That means 540g of gold 60%, equal to 324g of pure gold; today, gold is 69€/g... So that's more than 22.000€/24.000USD

That spot is a mine! 

Close, but 5 years = 60 months = 10 rings per week average from this spot. 😉 If it wasn't for the premiums I sell gold for, as well as the random large pieces, your numbers would be very close.

I try to keep pretty good track of my numbers. This year so far, gold has been 35% of my total ring finds. Last year was 26% from 262 total rings, and the year before was 29% from 225 rings. The years before that I didn't categorise metals, just tallied the rings.  

The average ring would be 2-4 grams of either 9ct or 18ct with the exception of the odd 10-20g 18ct. 

Approximately 74% of each years rings are from this spot. of the other 26%, about 20% would be from another good spot I have. That's a pretty rough guess but it wouldn't be far off. 

I do keep a very good record of what it's worth in scrap price, as well as what I've sold. I sell a lot of relics and I try sell gold at a fair premium after it's all cleaned up. 

It sure is a great spot. we go there every chance we get. 🙂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TTT2866 said:

I try to keep pretty good track of my numbers. This year so far, gold has been 35% of my total ring finds. Last year was 26% from 262 total rings, and the year before was 29% from 225 rings. The years before that I didn't categorise metals, just tallied the rings. 

😮WOW! Better keep that spot top secret locked up in a safe. To keep getting replenished so often is amazing. Good work!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TTT2866 said:

Close, but 5 years = 60 months = 10 rings per week average from this spot. 😉 If it wasn't for the premiums I sell gold for, as well as the random large pieces, your numbers would be very close.

My God, what a big mistake I made with the weekly average! I didn't realize what you meant in 5 years. Quite right.

What I did not deviate from was the calculation of the profit, which luckily did not carry the error of the first calculation.

In any case, you have superb numbers and significantly better than those of the average mortal.

Congratulations!

• Like 1