Ms3 Z-Lynk Kit Opinions Pro & Con

I'm considering getting an ms3 z-link kit to go cordless. Please comment with your thoughts and experience with this setup. 

I don't know if the kit is the same, but the MS3 system that comes with the Axiom is JUNK. It is so weak and directional that it drops out if you set the detector down next to you to run a scoop over the coil.!  Or if a large bug gets between the detector and the headphones it seems.

Don't even think about any Proprietary Systems like these that require you use ONLY Their headphones, you can buy a Low Latency Bluetooth Transmitter much cheaper on Amazon, then use ANY low latency Bluetooth headphones or any other low latency devise you want.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Ms3 Z-Lynk Kit Opinions Pro & Con
2 hours ago, Lead Detector said:

I'm considering getting an ms3 z-link kit to go cordless. Please comment with your thoughts and experience with this setup. 

From personal experience of using the ms3 Z Link (Transmitter only) I would go with a low Latency Bluetooth wireless transmitter and the Avantree Torus Neckband speaker system something like the Avantree Relay and the Avantree Torus Neckband speaker system.

the reason I state what I have is with the Garrett ms3 Z Link it can only be used with the Garrett wireless headphones unless you go with the ms3 Z ink that includes the TX transmitter and the RX receive box then you could use any wired headphones plugged into the RX box, with a wireless Bluetooth Transmitter you could use any wireless earbuds that are aptX LL compatible and you would be completely wire free

Links attached for the Avantree Torus and Avantree Relay, these are the way I would go

https://avantree.com/torus-nb05-bluetooth-wearable-speaker

https://avantree.com/relay-airplane-bluetooth-adapter

I also tried the Quest Wire Free Lite which is similar to the Garrett MS 3 Z Link

https://www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors.com/detekniy-wire-free-lite-headphones

• Like 1

I had been seriously looking at going down the Garrett wireless headphone route a few month back but a few folks who actually own this setup also mentioned about the signal dropping out,they are not cheap so i went down the route of using a LL wireless Bluetooth Transmitter that i purchased from Ebay for £14 and i had all ready got a set of wireless Bluetooth LL headphones that i use on my Nox......works a treat on both my Nox and GPX and saved me a ton of money into the bargain.

Some folks will undoubtedly praise the Garrett setup but alas they are not for me.

• Like 2

Avantree relay are so reasonable for price also. Even if you didn’t like them it would not be a big deal with their low price point. Transmitters usually last since they are attached to the control box, but most Bluetooth headphones are not ruggedized so don’t spend to much money on them because they break to easy.

• Like 3

My question is can a 2.4ghz like the mine lab pro sonic just link to the axiom with out a transmitter? They are both 2.4ghz... I just sold my gpz otherwise I would try. Can anyone give it a try?

I have the wireless headphones and like them, if you wear them with the power button on the same side that your swinging the detector the drop outs aren't that bad, but ya the signal is pretty weak compared to most wireless options...

• Like 2

I normally use headphones because of traffic noise of windy conditions in the areas in which I hunt. 

I use the Z-Lynk headphones with my Apex and Garret carrot ATZ-Lynk.. It is nice to have the carrot PP linked to the headphones if you have a need for a PP.   I do not suffer with any drop outs with the Apex or the PP, as long as the power on/off button is kept on the same side as your swing arm as stated above.   I keep the volume on the Apex set to maximum, and vary the volume in the headphones with the volume control, and have not experienced weak audio.

The Garrett system works much better than the XP-D2 and MI-6 PP, in that the XP system fails to connect at times creating frustration. 

I have no experience with LL bluetooth transmitter/receiver combos.

• Like 1

I was leaning towards the z link so I wouldn't need  multiple adapters for my atx.  The avantree setup looks nice. I like the external speaker idea, but not sure the earbuds would cancel out wind and river noise. I'd also need multiple adapters for the atx . I don't even mind my ms2's , but the cord is too short when I'm doing my scoop over the coil.  Seems like people have bad experiences with the z link though, so I will have to think it through for sure. 

• Like 1