G.B.

Very true GB.

Been on some goldfields many many times.Sometimes you get nothing,  sometimes few nuggets.

From my own experience its all in a head,

If my mind is not ok i detect like a zombie.I think i can pass over anything i am just not there.

I am 100% sure that most of us have a few monologues about our life in general when detecting.For some its way to clear our head and escape day to day life/problems.

Some days these monologues make my detecting impossible. I would rather be somewhere else and in my mind i am better off not to detect. I rush , i walk fast, i dont concentrate on a detecting, i wave detector way too fast and i also get angry.

I usually have a little break, sit down and enjoy peace which our bush offers.

I clear my mind,  pick up  detector and find a few nuggets later.

Remember low and slow is the way to go.

My motto is Dig everything.

Never dismiss any target unless you see it next to your feet on the ground.Still move the rubbish with your foot and wave the coil again.Many times you will find gold this way.

As you pick up a nugget stop for a second and always ask yourself first:

where did it come from.

Good luck and stay safe.

GoldEN

• Like 4

G'day All,

yes this happened to us when we first went over to WA.  As we found the ground over there was totally different to what we know here in Vic. We were completely baffled as how to read it, but after some time with the coil on the ground and some help from some nice people we met, we finally settled down and started to find gold.  Also we find the faster you try to cover the ground the more you will/could miss gold.  This is why I always say to newbies to go LOW and SLOW.    :smile:

cheers. 

Mike. 

• Like 2