Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Detailed Review Of The Nokta Fors Gold Nugget Detector

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all...We have come across some customer feedbacks on some forums regarding FORS not being able to be used by left handed people easily so as the manufacturer we have decided to offer a modified version of FORS for left handed people on request. This will be done at no additional charge to the customer. The lead time will be around 7-10 days.

• Like 1

Hello all...We have come across some customer feedbacks on some forums regarding FORS not being able to be used by left handed people easily so as the manufacturer we have decided to offer a modified version of FORS for left handed people on request. This will be done at no additional charge to the customer. The lead time will be around 7-10 days.

How cool is that. What other company would step up and do that. Wow!!!

Nokta, is out to make a name for themselves and it's this type of customer care that will make Nokta rise above the others.

The most amazing thing to happen in the detector world would be for a company to pay attention to customer feedback on ergonomics by getting them involved in the process. The current process is for engineers to design what they think people want, and AFTER the design is set in stone, ask for commentary on how the electronics function. The choice of actual physical design and layout seems to be the darkest secret process kept behind closed doors. Dave Johnson seems to be one of the few engineers that ever gave ergonomics a place up front in the design process. The Fisher Gold Bug was revolutionary and many companies Unfortunately are stepping away from hip mount and chest mount designs.

Nokta could score big points with a FORS Gold in a chest mount design, control panel on top so I can see and adjust it looking down. Perfect for wading, climbing hills, and people who just plain need to keep the weight off the arm. It would need heavy duty coil cables specially beefed up at the connector end. If I could buy that detector I would not even consider the competition. Just like if I could buy a four pound ATX I would ditch my GPX 5000. For me at least it is all about who can give me the most power in the most ergonomically accessible package. We are prospecting, detecting 12 hours a day, climbing hills, wading creeks!

The reality is most detectors will find the target if I put the coil over it. The easiest way for a company to succeed in selling me detectors is to pay attention to the ergonomics. Maybe Nokta is willing to ask us what we want instead of telling us what we want in that regard.

The most amazing thing to happen in the detector world would be for a company to pay attention to customer feedback on ergonomics by getting them involved in the process. The current process is for engineers to design what they think people want, and AFTER the design is set in stone, ask for commentary on how the electronics function. The choice of actual physical design and layout seems to be the darkest secret process kept behind closed doors. Dave Johnson seems to be one of the few engineers that ever gave ergonomics a place up front in the design process. The Fisher Gold Bug was revolutionary and many companies Unfortunately are stepping away from hip mount and chest mount designs.

Nokta could score big points with a FORS Gold in a chest mount design, control panel on top so I can see and adjust it looking down. Perfect for wading, climbing hills, and people who just plain need to keep the weight off the arm. It would need heavy duty coil cables specially beefed up at the connector end. If I could buy that detector I would not even consider the competition. Just like if I could buy a four pound ATX I would ditch my GPX 5000. For me at least it is all about who can give me the most power in the most ergonomically accessible package. We are prospecting, detecting 12 hours a day, climbing hills, wading creeks!

The reality is most detectors will find the target if I put the coil over it. The easiest way for a company to succeed in selling me detectors is to pay attention to the ergonomics. Maybe Nokta is willing to ask us what we want instead of telling us what we want in that regard.

Steve, this post will open Nokta's eyes. They seem willing to listen to the needs of the end user, that being those who purchase their equipment. Maybe Nokta will fly you out to Istanbul and you work with the engineers to get a chest mounted control box with all the controls, screen, earphone jack all in the correct positions.

Hello all.. Dilek here (Sales & Marketing Manager) ...Thank you for the nice comments... as I have stated on a PM to one of the forum members this morning, I strongly believe that customer focus is where making better products starts. No manufacturer or product is perfect as we all make mistakes but listening to customers instead of making assumptions on what they need or will like is a key and this is what we are trying to accomplish. But then again demands are endless and believe me it is not as easy as it seems to incorporate it all into one machine especially if you are a manufacturer selling products to end users around the world with different needs. But we try our best as we believe that your feedbacks lead us in the right way to reach our company’s ultimate goal of 100% customer satisfaction with our products. 

Regarding FORS - Now, some people do prefer it to be chest mount and some do not. We can make it chest mount but the problem is that the coil cable as well as the cable coming from the handle need to be much longer. Then these need to be tested again. In addition, we have to keep stock of 2 different versions of coils with different cable lengths. And when we add the small and the large coils to that, the burden is larger. So I really do not know if we can play around with FORS at this point but we will have new models coming out in the future geared towards different needs. Meanwhile feel free to give us your suggestions on what you want to see in a detector (mechanicals, design, electronics , functions, coils, price or whatever you can think of ). We love feedbacks! 

Steve, as information on the new models are confidential at this point I cannot share them here on the forum but I can email you to give you some preliminary info to get your input if you wish.

Thank you all!

• Like 1