Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Forum Rules, Help, Tips, Contact Info

On 2/3/2022 at 5:03 AM, PimentoUK said:

To follow up:

Steve and I have conversed via PM about this.

To summarise:

The 'subscript' and 'superscript' options are no longer on the top menu. While there are keyboard shortcuts for italic ( 'ctrl+i' ), underline ( 'ctrl+u' ), bold ( 'ctrl+b' ) , there are no such shortcuts for subscript/superscript, so that workaround is not an option.

The 'Source' button is still present on the top menu. It's just my PC that doesn't show it, regardless of level of zoom in/out. Again, no keyboard shortcut exists for this function, because it's an editor plug-in, rather than a basic function.

Ultimately, I’m only trying to provide basic posting tools, not create a full word processor environment. If advanced editing is required, it’s best done in a full editing tool like Microsoft Word, then cutting and pasting the final product here as a post. In most cases the formatting will carry over directly. Just don't use too large a font, default here is 14 point.

• Like 1

Newbie,,,, is there a collection of old and answered questions?? Hate to ask what has been answered many times. Also there's a lot that I don't know. Thanks. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Palmer said:

Newbie,,,, is there a collection of old and answered questions?? Hate to ask what has been answered many times. Also there's a lot that I don't know. Thanks. 

First stop is my Steve’s Guides List list, which is a collection of articles on often asked subjects. When people ask those types of question, I created this resource just so I don’t have to answer the same questions again.

All threads are tagged, and the Tag List will quickly give you a full forum list of select subjects, sorted by date. Best way to find info on the most popular detectors discussed here. There are of course separate forums for different brands and subjects, but the tag list narrows it more, and crosses all forums.

There is a simple search box in upper right, Advanced Search can be found in the menu, and offers more capability to narrow results.

Advanced search is good, but has limits. Use Google Advanced Search to search this site only, by entering detectorprospector.com in the appropriate box (see below). You can enter other terms to narrow the search, and this is actually the most powerful way to do custom searches of the site.

Finally, do not be shy, don’t be afraid to ask questions, even if asked before. I hate websites where people give a smart ass answer like “use the search box” instead of simply answering a question for newbies, and tend to run those people off. Forums are for asking questions, and lots of people here are happy to help. :smile:

Another tip. Clicking or double clicking on images will usually give you a much larger and clearer version, as large images are reduced for normal viewing. Try it on the image below.

E71F3AAF-8E9F-49CD-8328-4382F71FEF3F.jpeg

• Like 5

• 6 months later...

Hi Steve, 

Somewhere on here in the past you advised re: how to ignore a certain user - accessed through the drop down profile thing in the top right hand corner.  I have never used it and don't really want to. 

I am wondering if in future versions, we might be able to ignore a whole thread.  Some particular threads have no interest to me and continually pop up with new additions over a long period.  Be nice to be able to press an 'ignore thread' button and never see it again.  Not sure if there are things you are able to suggest to the site builders/updaters or if this is something you see as suitable?

Not the most pressing issue in the modern world but would be handy at times  ?

Cheers, N.E.  

• Like 2

On 9/15/2022 at 10:03 AM, Northeast said:

Hi Steve, 

Somewhere on here in the past you advised re: how to ignore a certain user - accessed through the drop down profile thing in the top right hand corner.  I have never used it and don't really want to. 

I am wondering if in future versions, we might be able to ignore a whole thread.  Some particular threads have no interest to me and continually pop up with new additions over a long period.  Be nice to be able to press an 'ignore thread' button and never see it again.  Not sure if there are things you are able to suggest to the site builders/updaters or if this is something you see as suitable?

Not the most pressing issue in the modern world but would be handy at times  ?

Cheers, N.E.  

Not a bad idea. I’ll see if there is a mod available that offers that. When in doubt there is always the old fashioned way. I’m extremely good at ignoring anything that does not interest me, no aid required! :laugh:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/6585-how-to-ignore-users-on-the-forum/

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...