Website Back In Time ×

Gold Master 66tr ... I Need Help With The Search Coil

Murad

Hello i have this artifact metal detector (66TR) from White electronics. but i need help with the search coil pinout diagram

i have 5 colored wires ( Gray = 12v , Black = GND , yellow , blue , brown ) can anyone help me determining what are those wires for excatly

if i had to make my own coil head because the old one is lost and i cant order another one online because my country restrict using metal detectors.

i'm newbie with such advanced detectors, but i'm sure i can make my own if someone guided me through this.

Thanks 

Welcome to the forum!

If it was me I would try to find any newer used detector possible rather than work on a 50 year old relic. If that is not an option, I can’t help you personally with a wiring diagram. However, when it comes to that and making your own coils, etc. the absolute best source of information is the Geotech website and Geotech forum.

• Like 1

A 66 T R takes me back in time. That was the second detector I had from White’s. I gave it to a friend and he done a mod on the batteries to keep it going still. 

Chuck

whites-goldmaster-tr-blue-box.jpg

I used to own a few of the old White's T/R detectors. In fact I still have one I keep around just for nostalgia sake. At over 40 years old they are long since obsolete technology. They can detect coin size objects at maybe 2-4 inches depending. They can't ground balance and so any mineralization at all really kills the depth. You can buy similar detectors here for $50 or less. The last couple I had were just given to me because they have no value unless in like new condition for people who collect old detectors. Surprisingly (to me) there are quite a few people who do that.

As far as identifying which wires are which - I just do not know. That is why I offered the Geotech links.

Coil Basics by Carl Moreland at Geotech