Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Fisher F-Pulse Versus Garrett Carrot

Norm, try these instructions, see if they are any easier to understand.

There are 2 software versions, R1 & R2. R1 had a lock-up problem if you turn the unit on while overloaded. R2 fixed that problem, and in the process I added a few new features. Therefore, you need to figure out which version you have as I moved the factory reset from 3 clicks to 2 clicks, should you need that feature. The easy way to tell what version you have is to turn the thing on while a coin is right against the tip; if it locks up, that's R1; if you hear a beep-boop-beep-boop-beep-boop overload jingle, that's R2.

In R2 I slightly extended the default time-out from 2s to 3s. I also added a Turbo-On mode which bypasses the auto-cal procedure and shortens the power-on time to maybe 1/4 seconds. There is a separate Turbo-Off mode which reverses the "off" and "retune" functionality; a quick-press powers down, while a press-hold retunes. If you use both Turbo-On and Turbo-Off, then the F-Tek powers up & down incredibly fast.

PP_OperationR1.pdf

PP_OperationR2.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...

So how can we update that little bugger? Is there a way to do it, after it got assembled?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Fisher F-Pulse definitely is defective.  Falses like crazy.  I've wasted a lot of time trying all the solutions posted here and elsewhere, without avail.  I'm trying to get Fisher to respond and allow me to return it for repair.  I would not advise anyone to buy an F-Pulse until Fisher works out its quality control problems--too much of a crap shoot.

I am sorry to hear that. Though I have to say when reading about any pinpointer it is hard to say which one is best from a quality control standpoint. Nearly every brand has numerous posts about quality issues. This is more like brand new product teething pains - the reason why nobody should buy ANY new metal detecting product for at least six months to a year after introduction. Kind of a sad commentary on the industry.

After reading about all the issues people have been having I am less excited about recommending the F-Pulse over the Carrott. The Carrott gets its share of issues also but it is inherently simpler to operate.

• Like 2

People mostly tend to write, if something doesn't work as it should, or if they have the find of their lifes :wink:

I still like the F-Pulse, only wished it had firmware R2 on it. I got one of the first ones sold in germany and other than the firmware, I can't really complain about anything.

On 9/22/2018 at 10:45 AM, Sinclair said:

People mostly tend to write, if something doesn't work as it should, or if they have the find of their lifes :wink:

I still like the F-Pulse, only wished it had firmware R2 on it. I got one of the first ones sold in germany and other than the firmware, I can't really complain about anything.

What's wrong with Firmware R1?  That's what my F-Pulse has, but I doubt that explains the problems I've experienced.  Fisher did respond, so I should soon know.  Meanwhile, I'm back to using my Whites TRX, which I prefer over the Carrot (the TRX is less stable but has better depth and I like that it's not side sensitive).

This is my first time on this site and I haven't read all of the posts soooo.                                                                            I was reading an article on detectors and it was mentioned that the FISHER gold bug pro and the TECNETICS G2 were the same machine. Well, I had earlier read a review on pinpointers and noticed that the F-Pulse and the Tek-Point had the identical specs and was wondering if they were the same product.  I had seen that there were some issues with the F-Pulse but didn't see that with the TEK-Point.   Anybody have answers????