Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New XP Orx Page Added

Steve Herschbach

On 11/20/2018 at 1:49 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Deus keep saying the ORX will be out by the end of November. I find it hard to believe that someone in the good old USA don’t have one in their hands as I write this.

When a new detector like the ORX hits the market so does videos and dealers telling you what they have you can’t live without. This flood of info is not generated over night but long before we see the first unit.

It’s also talk if you really want to coin hunt with the ORX you may see the need to buy the X35 coil. As all know it don’t come cheap!

This is just another detector that’s running one frequency at a time.

I believe the thing it has going for it is being under two pounds. I think just about every grandkid I got could swing it . They talking about the price may hit around a thousand and with nine grandkids forget that.

Chuck 

You don't necessarily need the X35 coil for coin shooting with the ORX, 13kHz on the HF coil should be just fine for general coin shooting, just as it is on many current single frequency US made detectors running a similar kHz.  Still a lot cheaper way to get your hands on a Deus, albeit a simplified one, and those additional higher frequencies will also lend themselves to relic hunting, micro jewellery and working sites with heavy iron.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Goldpick

It sounds as if you been swinging a Deus . I have in the past but it has been a while. I just like to look at any new detector coming on the market. Like I’ve said before the ORX being lite in weight will look good to a lot of people. The real problem will be the price and can only run in one frequency at a time.

Chuck 

Yes, definitely a fan of the Deus platform, and on my ground I don't deem true multi-frequency ability to be an absolute necessity.  If I still dabbled in beach hunting then it would be a different story on what I would require in a detector.  As you mentioned, we will just have to wait and see regarding people's thoughts on the ORX, no doubt it will have a tough time in what is already a saturated market.  

It’s several more videos posted. The only thing this one guy said and that was wee wee . I just don’t understand why a guy would ask another if he could go wee wee.

Chuck 

About three days ago this guy from Italy put a video on the ORX . He must of put it on the net sooner than Deus wanted because you can’t find it anywhere now..

I got another email from XP Deus this morning telling me what I have to look forward to in this exciting new detector.

I was trying to think where I’d heard this before . I’m talking about the exciting part. Then it came to me , my ex wife said the same on our honeymoon.haha

Chuck 

Well I knew if I hunted around long enough I’d find the video again and I did on his Facebook.

I really don’t know why I’m showing interest in another single frequency detector.  We know it’s a stock pile of the same already.!

Chuck 

• 2 months later...

Very lite weight effective metal detector. Simple to use and just enough key features to perform. I only hunt iron infested colonial sites. The detector has produced targets so far down to 10 inches. These targets sounded deep so the modulated audio is fine. A large cent I dug locked on the remote with a target I.D. number in the low 90's at a depth of 9 inches. My ground reading was as high as 90 on the remote which is about right for my soil in central Virginia. A Star Cherokee button I dug read in the 80's at about the same depth. Gary's video's are on point so you should watch them. If you like to fiddle then get a Deus. Grab and go the ORX will impress. I'm in my later years and the detector is perfect for an old, beat up detectorist  like myself.

2219 006.jpg

102_1103.JPG

• Like 3