XP Are You Still Listening? D2 Feedback.

Hombre91

I was able to try the Deus II. The night I received the D2 I did some indoor bench testing due to weather, and set up a Mono program (Rock Audio) and a FMF program (Custom Sensitive) based on my experience with regular Deus and the Anfibio under my local conditions, and learning operational concepts via Jeremy Paystreak Superfreak youtube channel.

I customized the tone frequencies based on my relative experience. I used the equalizer to adjust dynamism associated with my tone breaks and achieved decompression across the selected range with some room to spare. 

The next day it was windy and cold but I knew a place to try the custom programs and audio. I would hunt a little and warm up awhile. In one brief hunt I nailed three nice old coins out of the trash by ear only in my custom sensitive program.

I want to give feedback about the bone conducting HP as an inland hunter with hearing and ear issues. Your HP eliminated the affect of those issues on my metal detecting during this hunt.

Folks need that same technology for use with regular Deus and Anfibio, etc...

Thank you for listening and congrats on a fine machine.

Hombre

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Hombre91 said:

I was able to try the Deus II. The night I received the D2 I did some indoor bench testing due to weather, and set up a Mono program (Rock Audio) and a FMF program (Custom Sensitive) based on my experience with regular Deus and the Anfibio under my local conditions, and learning operational concepts via Jeremy Paystreak Superfreak youtube channel.

I customized the tone frequencies based on my relative experience. I used the equalizer to adjust dynamism associated with my tone breaks and achieved decompression across the selected range with some room to spare. 

The next day it was windy and cold but I knew a place to try the custom programs and audio. I would hunt a little and warm up awhile. In one brief hunt I nailed three nice old coins out of the trash by ear only in my custom sensitive program.

I want to give feedback about the bone conducting HP as an inland hunter with hearing and ear issues. Your HP eliminated the affect of those issues on my metal detecting during this hunt.

Folks need that same technology for use with regular Deus and Anfibio, etc...

Thank you for listening and congrats on a fine machine.

Hombre

Hombre, I have substantial loss in my left ear, which makes listening to tones considerably more difficult.  Based on your post, am I understanding that the bone conducting HP’s work well for those of us with hearing difficulties?

Good post Hombre.  One issue with using the bone phones on other detectors like the Deus 1 (other than the incompatible connector) is that they appear to not be compatible with PCM audio as they are limited to Square Wave audio only on the D2.  D1 only usrs PCM audio.  Not sure if there would be issues with Anfibio audio.  FWIW.