Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Testing The Vanquish 540

Today I have already exhausted the limit of likes .....:wink: ,,, so thank you for all this information ..., I agree with many opinions here ... undoubtedly a series of vanquish detectors is a really good choice for this money ...
  I have a Vanquish 340 with V10 / and V8 coils and it's a really good set ...
I read one opinion on a Vanquish 440 with a V10 spool which calls ... that it is as deep as a Vanquish 540 with the same V10 coil.....

Vanquish 340 with V10 coils should have a range of about 7-12% less, but on the other hand Vanquish 340 can run almost always at maximum sensitivity, so this difference can be even less in practice.

One more thing ... Coil V12 should bring you 5-12% more range than coil V10 ...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think if they gave the Vanquish Nox coils and the Nox Vanquish coils they'd have a really good set of coils for each detector and most people would be pretty satisfied with the selection.  The only thing I would want over that combination is a little 6.5 x 3.5 epoxy filled solid coil for both, if that existed for the Vanquish and  Nox I'd be so happy.  The Nox would be a killer gold detector with that.  If they made a solid option to the V8 coil for the Vanquish the small solid and the v8 solid would keep gold prospectors happy.   Pretty easy for Minelab to do that and it maybe a way the counter the Apex by making the Equinox coils for Vanquish and vise versa.

The V8 coil has a real size of 5.5 "x 8" .... Some time ago I decided to buy another small 6 "equinox coil from the" 2-hand" ,, disassemble it and then adjust its winding to a size of 4.5 x 7.5" .... that would be at least in my opinion one of the simpler ...

maybe a colleague can do it ... because I already have experience with multifrequency coils ....but we'll see...

you just need to move on in this ....

48 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think if they gave the Vanquish Nox coils and the Nox Vanquish coils they'd have a really good set of coils for each detector and most people would be pretty satisfied with the selection.  The only thing I would want over that combination is a little 6.5 x 3.5 epoxy filled solid coil for both, if that existed for the Vanquish and  Nox I'd be so happy.  The Nox would be a killer gold detector with that.  If they made a solid option to the V8 coil for the Vanquish the small solid and the v8 solid would keep gold prospectors happy.   Pretty easy for Minelab to do that and it maybe a way the counter the Apex by making the Equinox coils for Vanquish and vise versa.

A 3by 6  coil for   Nox would be great. It would be great for prospecting   and    tot lot hunting and small turf gold. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 9:57 PM, phrunt said:

Yes, it can.  The vanquish will power on with no batteries if you plug in it's usb port to a power source, you're onto something there ?

This question comes from an other thread however I preferred to move it here… Actually I have plugged a powerbank ( 2200mAh ) in my Vanquish usb port and the Vanquish does not power on , nothing happens …  I do not understand why it works on your Vanquish and not on mine ...?

DSC02408.JPG

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I will recheck mine, mine powered on when I plugged in a USB connected to a computer.

I tried this , a USB connected to a computer but it does not work either ..weird 

Thx , still does not work on mine. I will ask to the ML support over here in France ..

My Vanquish 340 in the off state .... for turning on the connection to xiaomi 10,000 mA..powerbank if the batteries are stored in the detector ......

But ... if the detector is without batteries, it will not turn itself on after connecting the power bank ...

the same situation is when connected to the computer ... the detector must have batteries to turn on and connect to the computer...

• Like 2