First Impressions Of The Deus II

My thumbs up "like" doesn't mean I like your hearing situation Erik. My "like" is for support of your situation and especially your willingness and tenacity to keep going at a hobby/pursuit where hearing is almost an automatic requirement. The Nokta Makro Legend in spite of its depth limitations (3 meters) may be another option when it is released since its vibrating handle really works well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

My "like" is for support of your situation and especially your willingness and tenacity to keep going at a hobby/pursuit where hearing is almost an automatic requirement.

Well said Jeff. And when we do not quite have the requirement we see some who did it without. What a hopeful thing.

We get caught up in arguing over detectors sometimes and forget there are more important things. 

Forget all I said about the long stiff plastic lead on the bone-phones, it's great! Whenever the Deus II does it's amazing disappearing act underwater by floating away from me, I just give the lead a quick tug and it zooms straight back.. ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Forget all I said about the long stiff plastic lead on the bone-phones, it's great! Whenever the Deus II does it's amazing disappearing act underwater by floating away from me, I just give the lead a quick tug and it zooms straight back.. ?

Jeez...You're confirming my fear for another straight shaft project I was expecting to be involved with...?

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:07 PM, Erik Oostra said:

Yeah, it's a long stiff plastic lead - 1.8 metres long.. I've got it tried down coiled up at the back of the hand rest to keep it out the way.. I can see it getting tangled up in my regulator hoses when diving but being able to hear them at all makes it worth it.. still, XP could have gone about the whole lead thing a bit better.. a short curly rubber lead would be a huge improvement.. ?    

Not saying this will work but in the past, I have made a straight wire coiled, by wrapping around a cylindrical object and using a heat gun, heat the cable, then place in the refrigerator to cool down. They retain the coil quite well. I will give this a try when you phones come in.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2022 at 8:16 PM, Skullgolddiver said:

So the higher the salt sens. level, the more falsing Is reduced

I'm editing my statement cause actually something is different now...Maybe the user manual is to be corrected...

The salt sensitivity level at 9 is the higher and at 1 the minimum...

So going down on this value, the machine will react towards the sability on the 1 and to falsing to the 9...

• Like 1

This morning inside the shark net at Picnic Bay.. I don't like using a camera on the job but I thought I'd take the opportunity to try and show the display of the Deus II a bit better during a dive (Diving program).. At the end of the video it shows the detector floating away from me as I'm digging a target.. 

• Like 3

The shaft seems nice and rigid swinging underwater, the antenna wire appears to be stiff too so it's not moving around like I thought it might, I guess in the waves would be where it might be more of an issue.  It looks like it'll be quite a capable diving unit for people, the options have been quite limited so I'm sure the water hunters will appreciate another option.

You're certainly covering some miles with that thing already.

• Like 1

My camera (a cheap Chinese knock-off of the GoPro) kept playing up underwater, but it did accidentally take a few great pictures as I was getting out of the water.. including an (me thinks) awesome selfie.. 

XP.. feel free to use these pictures in your advertising.. ?

Picnic Bay 10-2-2022 (me).png

Picnic Bay 10-2-2022.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1