Deus II Mystery Program

mudwhale

My machine has a factory program in slot 14 that says FAST 40. I cannot find any information on it anywhere. I tested it and it seems like a Fast program on steroids. Very accurate separation and target ID!!! I tested with a silver quarter surrounded by flat iron nails. Anyone have any info on this?

9 hours ago, mudwhale said:

My machine has a factory program in slot 14 that says FAST 40. I cannot find any information on it anywhere. I tested it and it seems like a Fast program on steroids. Very accurate separation and target ID!!! I tested with a silver quarter surrounded by flat iron nails. Anyone have any info on this?

Must be another high frequency based tuning...

You might want to check without to modify anything, all the values starting from reactivity, notches, volumes etc...

Initially when I was testing the unit, I thought it was bad to lose all settings as soon as the instrument was turned off, but to find all like it was before to touch things is actually a relief😂.

Save a program only when it works and You're satisfied with proof in Your hands.

2 hours ago, Loren said:

I would guess whoever uploaded the v0.6 build accidentally pushed their own user data as well. I know I've made that mistake before shipping software updates...

That's possible, or intentional for the field testers with instructions to provide feedback on those "temp" custom programs, or intentional as "examples" to users of how the custom slots can be utilized.  So yeah, what they are is not so much the mystery as why they were distributed with 0.6.  I did have to upgrade to 0.6, I seem to recall that they were also included with 0.5 but can't be 100% sure.  

15 hours ago, mudwhale said:

6 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Must be another high frequency based tuning...

You might want to check without to modify anything, all the values starting from reactivity, notches, volumes etc...

Initially when I was testing the unit, I thought it was bad to lose all settings as soon as the instrument was turned off, but to find all like it was before to touch things is actually a relief😂.

Save a program only when it works and You're satisfied with proof in Your hands.

Fast 40 setting differences from the stock mono program defaults are:

Disc is set at 6.6 vice 6.1

2 tones vice 3 tones, with tone 2 set at 881 hz vice 518 hz

Reactivity set at 3 vice 2.5 (Hence "Fast")

Frequency set at 40.4 khz vice 16.5 khz (Hence "40")

Really just minor tweaks to mono to set it up for higher separation (fast) and to bias it to micro/mid-conductive targets by raising the op frequency (40 khz).  Nothing really earth shattering.

Like Deus 1, on D2 you can make changes to the stock program settings on the fly but if you want to retain those customizations you must save them as a custom program in an available custom program slot or you can overwrite an existing custom program you previously saved.  Similarly, you can tweak your custom program settings on the fly but to have those changes stick on the next power up you need to save them to the custom program you are tweaking or save them as a variant to the source custom program.  I like to save variants of my primary search program with changes to various parameters and filters to enable me to quickly interrogate and characterize an iffy target by seeing how the audio and target ID change as I hit it with different program variants by simply using the plus and minus keys to swap programs while swinging over the target.

BTW if you use program variants to interrogate targets with plus/minus switching, you will want to turn auto frequency shift (EMI noise cancelling) off so it doesn't go through the 2 to 3 second frequency channel scan on every program shift.