A Bucket Full Of Bucket Listers!

Well not quite a bucket full, but this was a banner day for me!

Now in full disclosure, this was a detecting club seeded hunt, but it was my first seeded hunt with the club. Not knowing quite what to expect and still learning the Deus II, I decided to use that. I figured if I found anything at all it would be a win because there were almost 30 much more experienced detectorists hunting in an area roughly the size of a football field.

WC-3.JPEG

This site has been a favorite place for many area detecting clubs to hold events and has been pounded for years. The whistle blew and it was off to the races with every kind of detector swarming the field. I started off in Park mode and was quickly rewarded with probably the only nail left in the field.

WC-4.JPEG

I then switched to Relic mode and the field lit up like a pinball machine spitting out bucket lister coins all over the place. As the hour and a half time limit wound down the pickings got slim, so I switched gears and started checking other people's holes and pulled out some more bucket listers.

WC-5.JPEG

After the final whistle blew we all headed back to clubhouse for lunch and festivities. I poked along the way across the nearby turn of the last century baseball field and hit four more coins (2 tokens & 2 coins). 

One of the coins was within inches of one of the large bronze base markers.

WC-2a.JPEG

WC-2c.JPEG

The tiny token, shown in the middle below, was actually found twice because I dropped it somewhere walking to the clubhouse and had to retrace my steps, but the D2 found it again with no problem.

WC-1.JPEG

In all I ended up with 40 coins. Two 1964 Jefferson Nickels not shown were traded in for lottery tickets... I should have kept the nickels! 😏 

That looks like it was a lot of fun. 👍 Did they bury the coins and scatter them? Maybe it's seeded but congrats on the nail, 🤪 did you get a lot of trash there?

Its great practice regardless. Nice job. That base marker looks like an old Zildjian cymbal 😀

The coins were all buried from 1-6 inches. There wasn't much surface trash. This was a popular buffalo hunting area until the end of the 1800s but this has been farm fields since the early 1900s, so there is a lot of deep iron. The baseball field was built in the middle of miles of farm fields in 1930 to provide an entertainment area for surrounding farm communities.

Great hunt with some impressive finds, but no trime.

Good hunting and good luck on your next outing.

Thanks! There were a few trimes found during the hunt, but they were taped to IHPs so people could find them. What an odd VID that must have showed. 😄