XP Deus 2 Depth, Field Testing, Expert Tips

Excellent instructional video from XP Detectors about depth, field testing and expert tips. In French but dubbing in English.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to XP Deus 2 Depth, Field Testing, Expert Tips

For the gold prospectors........why didn't the tester use Goldfield for the 9mm sized .25 gram copper fragment? Instead he used Deus 2 Mono and the Sensitive FMF mode. 

Those are the two modes that have easily done the best for me on .25 gram and smaller gold bits and that I would use right now for gold prospecting also. Just put the audio on Pitch tones for starters, jack up the frequency on Deus 2 Mono, lower the discrimination as low as possible for the site and forget about Goldfield.

I sure hope they can fix whatever is wrong with Goldfield.......

• Like 2

I thought this was a fantastic video. The depth was amazing and I get that there will be naysayers out there who will claim their machine could have done the same thing but XP is the only one who has shown it. That one test on the metal box was nuts. I've been hired to look for caches before and I think I would have given up on that box at that depth just thinking there is no way a detector could reach that far. 

In the hands of someone who knows what they're doing the XP D2 is going to work wonders. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 10:38 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

I sure hope they can fix whatever is wrong with Goldfield.......

I've said it before...XP needs to provide a single (mono) frequency variant of Goldfield (like they did with the D2 discrimination Programs), and preferably a small, high frequency/FMF compatible elliptical coil.  Of course, if they manage to pull that off, there really is not much reason for the D1 and Orx to exist (other than 0RX price point due to its limited features/settings).  So there's that...

• Like 2

Deus 2 is the XP’s flagship detector. The fact that it has a very subpar mode on it compared to its predecessors makes zero sense. If Deus 2 Goldfield was at least equal to Deus 1 and ORX running their gold modes even at single frequency 31 kHz or Deus 2 itself running at Mono 45 kHz, I would have no problem with it since the benefits of FMF ground handling would make a big difference in difficult ground. Unfortunately that is not the case.

That would give gold prospectors that wanted the benefits of an FMF gold mode the option of buying Deus 2 opposed to Deus 1 or the ORX. Right now that option is not really an option.

If XP didn’t want Deus 2 to take sales away from the ORX for gold prospecting…..don’t put a mode called Goldfield on Deus 2!

• Like 7

I'm just guessing here, but maybe the FMF Goldfield mode was just a placeholder program to allow XP to rush out the D2 release. It seems like the early beta testers were not gold prospectors, just like there weren't very many (if any) early testers in highly mineralized soil. So I would think there will be some major updates coming for the Goldfield mode now that more prospectors are getting their hands on a D2. Of course I could be wrong, we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 4

Hello everyone,
Thanks Jeff for sharing the D II depths video. The more I learn Deus II, the more I appreciate Equinox 800, especially for its ease of use and its ability to detect small nuggets. BUT version 1.0 of, will tell us more, be patient. With this video I learn and FINALLY understand the use of frequency additions and subtraction of conductive soil, the usefulness of Notch 23/25 in Sensitive at 16.49 Mn. In the same Relic program at 18.54Mn the tester says “conductive floor subtraction” whereas it is an IAR frequency subtraction (Page 13) but which acts on the conductive floor. He says in the end “in wet ground the programs of subtraction of the conductive soils are much more stable than the programs in addition of frequencies” which must be true but in France to find wet ground it will be necessary to wait a little. The information is very interesting for the further use of Déus II although on the small nuggets it is necessary to wait. I would compare these settings with the Nox on the depths because those seen on video are important.

• Like 3

At the 2:12 mark you can see the coils and all three of them have the new FMF logo design, of course it could have been a prototype for marketing photos.

Deus2 Coils.jpg

• Like 1