Latest Manicore Vid

deathray

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The FCC application says they used Bluetooth LE so it makes no sense and for some reason nobody with one will answer the question.

If there are no or few other Bluetooth LE headphones available to test it on or unless it is somehow backwards compatible with other Bluetooth devices how would anyone know if it is Bluetooth LE or proprietary?

1 minute ago, PSPR said:

If there are no or few other Bluetooth LE headphones available to test it on or unless it is somehow backwards compatible with other Bluetooth devices how would anyone know if it is Bluetooth LE or proprietary?

Because Bluetooth LE is backwards compatible, so it will connect with any standard Bluetooth device in a legacy mode, so with the older atpx LL headphones from the Nox 800 they would connect as standard laggy old Bluetooth as LE doesn't support atpx which is Qualcomms, not standard Bluetooth.  If its proprietary they will not connect to it at all and not even see the device exists.

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The FCC application says they used Bluetooth LE so it makes no sense and for some reason nobody with one will answer the question.

@deathrayI'm just a bit overdone with videos now when it comes to the Manticore and when I saw that one goes for 1 hour 20 minutes for an unboxing video I wasn't all that interested in watching it, nothing against the guy who did it of course, a lot of people are likely hanging out for such a video and will enjoy it, I'm more of a short and sweet person with videos, ones that get to the point with just information not unwrapping something.   I was just hoping they revealed if the older Bluetooth headphones work on it, they won't work with atpx LL as its not incorporated into Bluetooth LE but if they just connect to it with Bluetooth that's all I want to know as that would confirm they haven't done the crazy act of moving off standard.

It's cool brother...Mark is a good friend, but I pretty much don't watch ANY unboxing vids. I saw it.pop up, and shared. If it got good feedback, I would watch when I got home, but sounds like that's a no?

1 minute ago, deathray said:

It's cool brother...Mark is a good friend, but I pretty much don't watch ANY unboxing vids. I saw it.pop up, and shared. If it got good feedback, I would watch when I got home, but sounds like that's a no?

It might be good, I don't know 🙂 The time the video goes for scared me off plus I don't want to watch someone unbox theirs, I want to unbox mine 🙂 They'll just make me jealous.

Just now, PSPR said:

Then will it connect with regular old Bluetooth headphones or only with the aptx or LE?

Bluetooth LE will connect with any standard Bluetooth device, it will just run in a legacy mode with no low latency.

2 minutes ago, deathray said:

I would watch when I got home, but sounds like that's a no?

Who said it was a "no"?  I thought it was quite informative and I think he reloaded it after removing that long black screen section at the end.  It is only 46 min. long now.  

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Bluetooth LE will connect with any standard Bluetooth device, it will just run in a legacy mode with no low latency.

Good then.  I'll just run it with my bone conduction headphones.  Who cares if there is a micro second delay.

9 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Who said it was a "no"?  I thought it was quite informative and I think he reloaded it after removing that long black screen section at the end.  It is only 46 min. long now.  

Ok...guess I misinterpreted.  

I have found that accurate BT info is difficult, I have 8 different types of BT head phone/buds, mostly cheep ones, only 3 are supposed to be atpx LL but 5 work as LL on my 800, the other three vary in their delay. (two of the five have died)

Head phone info/specs are often wrong, I don't think they know what they are sending out to buyers.

I have started looking for Bluetooth LE (I like ear buds) not much comes up.

I am not stressing, if my old ear buds don't work I will just plug in my older set of ear buds, if the head phones are to hot. 🙂