Latest Manicore Vid

deathray

Yep quit watching at the beach video at the 5 min mark...it wasn't even a beach hunt...Marks video was great as usual...some great tips on setting the machine up. 

strick

1 hour ago, strick said:

Yep quit watching at the beach video at the 5 min mark...it wasn't even a beach hunt...Marks video was great as usual...some great tips on setting the machine up. 

strick

Pretty sure he will be posting some relic hunting with it soon...dang weather so bad right now.

I watched that one 🙂

Sounds like the Manticore is going to bring back some of the ability for US coin hunters to differentiate some coins from others that was lost with the Nox and compressed ID's.  That's a good thing.

Not that it matters that much, but I must not have perfect pitch because I am struggling to hear the difference between clad and silver in the video. I've always wanted to test the people who claim to be able to hear the difference on buried clad and silver with the screen taped off. Maybe ten of each. Even with their chosen detector be it Explorer, Etrac, CTX. I don't think they could tell. Then you throw in worn silver in the mix. Personally I don't think it's possible. Again not that it really matters because your going to be digging any tone like that anyway. Nice little video though.   

1 hour ago, longbow62 said:

Not that it matters that much, but I must not have perfect pitch because I am struggling to hear the difference between clad and silver in the video. I've always wanted to test the people who claim to be able to hear the difference on buried clad and silver with the screen taped off. Maybe ten of each. Even with their chosen detector be it Explorer, Etrac, CTX. I don't think they could tell. Then you throw in worn silver in the mix. Personally I don't think it's possible. Again not that it really matters because your going to be digging any tone like that anyway. Nice little video though.   

Ummm...I could often do it, back in the day, with the Sovereign. And with 3 digit difference on clad dime vs silver dime, I bet many young ears could. Probably not me anymore though...56 , and ALOT of metal concerts, haha