Latest Manicore Vid

deathray

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Because Bluetooth LE is backwards compatible, so it will connect with any standard Bluetooth device in a legacy mode, so with the older atpx LL headphones from the Nox 800 they would connect as standard laggy old Bluetooth as LE doesn't support atpx which is Qualcomms, not standard Bluetooth.  If its proprietary they will not connect to it at all and not even see the device exists.

You have a much clearer understanding of BTE than I do.  From my skimming of the documentation, my very limited and possibly incorrect understanding is that BTE can, and should be backwards compatible to 4.0 as written into the spec.

But, it doesn't HAVE to be, I think.  Chips can be configured not to be.  And even worse, and as I think we both fear Minelab may have done, they can even be configured not to be compatible with standard BTE devices.

I mentioned in another thread today, if I was King of Minelab I'd gut the entire marketing department.  If, you were releasing a new detector, with a feature as stinking cool as BTE compatibility, why is the marketing department not touting it?  Either the Manticore doesn't have BTE compatibility, or the marketing department is even more inept than I thought. 

This has me worried Minelab has gone out of their way to totally screw up a really good thing.  But I hope not...   The marketing department shows indications of actually being that inept.  I hope that's all that is going on.

As you say, so far, nobody that might actually know, has said boo about it.

- Dave

It's worth having a read about it here

https://www.bluetooth.com/learn-about-bluetooth/recent-enhancements/le-audio/

LE is fantastic, Minelab have used the LE chipset, we just hope they haven't modified the software to be non-standard, I don't understand why they would, the detector comes with their headphones, it's not like they're going to make any extra money selling us more headphones, they force us to buy them by including them with the detector.  I have 3 pairs of ML80's and a Pair of whatever ML made up number the GPX 6000 comes with that I'll never in my life use.  I keep buying their headphones because I have to, not because I want to.

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I was just hoping they revealed if the older Bluetooth headphones work on it, they won't work with atpx LL as its not incorporated into Bluetooth LE but if they just connect to it with Bluetooth that's all I want to know as that would confirm they haven't done the crazy act of moving off standard.

Simon Are you trying to find out if the Nox headphones will pair with the Manticore? I can check in the morning if you like.  

strick 

9 minutes ago, strick said:

I was unable to get the Equinox headphones to pair with the Manticore if thats what you were after. 

strick 

Thanks strick my worst fears about the Audio are realized, no wonder all the promo people have been quiet about it and ignored my questions on their youtube videos.

oh well, not only coils, they're basically chipping headphones now too.

It doesn't overly affect me as I'm a speaker user first and foremost but it's disappointing to see them take this path.

Just now, strick said:

there was a lot of emi tonight I'll try again tomorrow but I think it will be the same result 

strick 

If you hold the headphones right next to the pod that's the best way to let Bluetooth devices pair.

Greed has no boundaries.