Manticore And 15 Pieces Of Gold

Wife has a almost new pair of Ray Bans.20221210_173703.thumb.jpg.f90a21947f2b0eddbe94a7451fb1b161.jpg

3 more gold and what's left of a wedding ring. Little lead Jesus. 

Those 20 signals (above) were the only targets dug all day.  Slim pickings.

20221210_174057.thumb.jpg.2d28b59e2620634eb2b3d1cda65ecf46.jpg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Is this a mix of water and sand finds?  Thanks, GaryC/Oregon Coast

I only hunt in water knee depth and up to 6'. Use snorkel alot. 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 4:23 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

They don't even have a Lost Item file at the resort. 

You need a list of things to find?  haha

Let me see ... one 3ct diamond found and two more out there ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2022 at 4:47 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Wife has a almost new pair of Ray Bans.

It's ok Gerry.  You can wear them and we won't say anything when you have them in the desert.

• Haha 1

Hi Gerry, is there any piece of gold that I got with the manticore that I think I wouldn't have gotten with the nox?  And if the answer was yes, why?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 8:16 AM, Luis said:

Hi Gerry, is there any piece of gold that I got with the manticore that I think I wouldn't have gotten with the nox?  And if the answer was yes, why?

Luis,  I took a vacation to enjoy my hobby of detecting and wanted to come home with gold.  No, I did not compare signals to a NOX so it's hard to say.

But here's an answer for you.  Yes I think the NOX could have recovered most of them.  My posted write up goes a little more into details.  Just because detector A can hear the same target as detector B, it does not make them totally equal.  If detector A sees the same target as the more expensive detector B, they are still not equal in all situations.  

Detector B has more features than detector A and so I can dig less of the crappy targets detector A sees but detector B has a better identification to save me time.

A Datsun B210 can drive me to Arizona on a 1000 mile trip just as well as a Chevy Corvette.  No AC if it gets hot.  No cooled seats if it gets hot, no heated windshield if it snows, no ALL Wheel Drive in the Datsun if it snows.  The best part.  In the Datsun, no girls wanting a ride.  In the Corvette, most the girls want a ride.  

Bottom line, both cars can drive down the road, but one of them does it with ease and the other has things that make it not as enjoyable and wastes time.  I'm sure the NOX would hear most of the gold, but I was able to get better and more accurate target knowledge to save me time and dig more of the desired targets.

• Like 2