Ml Equinox 900 Depth Dp Tone

HardPack

Jeff very interesting test, thanks for sharing your results.  If DP is gaining an inch or better in most of the tests, I assume that would also be the case in full tones?    I've tried to hunt in two-tone modes in the past on my F75 LTD and Racers and I wasn't a fan, but that's just me.

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Jeff very interesting test, thanks for sharing your results.  If DP is gaining an inch or better in most of the tests, I assume that would also be the case in full tones?    I've tried to hunt in two-tone modes in the past on my F75 LTD and Racers and I wasn't a fan, but that's just me.

Full tones deeper than DP.......that certainly was not the case with Full Tones vs Gold Modes VCO on the Nox 800 from my experience where I hunt, but that was using two very different search modes

Full tones is not VCO audio so at least from my testing, it dies away quickly at the edge of detection just like 1, 2 and 5 tone slightly modulated audio on the Nox 800. It appears to be the same on the 900 just listening to All Tones, but I will check All Tones vs DP in the same mode when I get the chance.

8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

It appears to be the same on the 900 just listening to All Tones, but I will check All Tones vs DP in the same mode when I get the chance.

I table tested the tones in the Field 2 dP setup compared to the Gold modes on various targets. Made a few setting adjustments. I couldn’t hear any difference. The advantage I see is the addition of the Field 2 SMF range to the gold mode range. Curious to see your All tone dP comparison, thanks for the effort.

Wow, that last storm system really dumped some moisture here on the Sierra west slope. Nine plus inches of rain followed by snow in the high country. Looks like another two weeks before a move off the table top can even be considered provided the roads weren’t washed out.  From the news reports the Truckee River was blowing through Reno. Think I saw Steve H. behind the on-scene weather reporter, detecting.  Started another post “SDC 2300 vs Axiom”; I need a push. As for the Scot’s dP video, apparently I am not as Scot Irish as Grandma claimed. Have great New Years Day. 

7 hours ago, HardPack said:

I table tested the tones in the Field 2 dP setup compared to the Gold modes on various targets. Made a few setting adjustments. I couldn’t hear any difference. The advantage I see is the addition of the Field 2 SMF range to the gold mode range. Curious to see your All tone dP comparison, thanks for the effort.

I got to do a little outdoor in the ground testing and air testing using Equinox 900 with 6" coil (too frozen for the 11") Field 2 Multi, sensitivity 22, all targets accepted, 5 tones, all tones and DP tones, recovery speed 5, iron bias 1, ferrous tone break set at 0 on a US nickel, zinc penny, clad dime and clad quarter along with two flattened lead targets weighing 0.25 and 0.5 grams.

I didn't bother with target IDs since it is way too cold with another snowstorm approaching.

Once again, DP tones easily had more audible, stronger hits on the in the ground targets-clad dime, 0.25 gram and 0.5 gram lead targets at 4" depth by about an inch. I could raise the coil over 4 inches off the ground (used a 2X4 on its side and the coil was not touching it during sweeps) over the 4" deep dime. All tones and 5 tones was about 3" off the ground and the signal was gone if I raised the coil at the same height as the 2X4.

Air test was just the same. All tones and 5 tones had virtually identical results for just audible two way hits using the settings above during outdoor moderate EMI air testing.

US nickel=10.5 "   US zinc penny=9.5"     US clad dime=9"     US clad quarter=10"

DP tones using the exact same settings gave just audible two way hits at:.

US nickel=11.5"    US zinc penny=10.5"    US clad dime=10"   US clad quarter=11" 

I don't see any reason why that same distance ratio would not be repeated in the other modes using similar settings.

10 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

got to do a little outdoor in the ground testing and air testing using Equinox 900 with 6" coil

13 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Air test was just the same. All tones and 5 tones had virtually identical results for just audible two way hits using the settings above during outdoor moderate EMI air testing.

US nickel=10.5 "   US zinc penny=9.5"     US clad dime=9"     US clad quarter=10"

DP tones using the exact same settings gave just audible two way hits at:.

US nickel=11.5"    US zinc penny=10.5"    US clad dime=10"   US clad quarter=11" 

I

Encouraging results, need to digest this for awhile. I pickup a Coiltek Nox 10x5 DD from Gerry along with EQ 900. Time to hit the brush, mud or not. Thanks

On 1/1/2023 at 2:22 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

Hit the ground between storms to get mud on the EQ900. The ground was mild & moist, used the 11 DD coil; recovery at 3; iron bias at O. Didn’t focus on depth but more on tones and target ID. Used all the same settings on Field 2, User Field 2 & Gold 1 except for target tones: Field 2 At, User Field 2 dP & Gold 1 to 1. User Field 2 in dP had an odd echo like audio quality, need to explore further. Dug several rusted steel beer cans at depth both whole and flattened pieces; good target separation among rusted iron. 

In the field noticed aluminum pull tabs ID and tones varied by shape & size; and ID varied by search mode. Later performed a table air test using the three search modes above with a flat tab with ring & tail, folded tab with tail folded over ring, melted wire shape 1/2” tab without ring or tail  and a narrow melted flat 1/2” tab without tail or ring.

Target ID per search mode: 
Flat tab: Field2 35 to 37,  User Field2  34 to 35,  Gold1 30 to 32.

Folded tab: Field2 41 to 43,  User Field2 40 to 42,  Gold1 42 to 43.

Melted wire tab: Field2 9 to 10,  User Field2 10 to 11,  Gold1 10 to 11.

Melted flat tab: Field2 14 to 16,  User Field2 13 to 14,  Gold1 12 to 13.