Ml Equinox 900 Depth Dp Tone

HardPack

Per manual page 33, the Nox 900 Depth dP tone pitch & volume are proportional to target signal strength. Large or shallow targets sound louder than deeper or small targets; conductive targets increase the pitch and ferrous targets have a constant low-pitch. Here is a video link demonstrating the advantages of dP in Park 1. You may want to enable CC.

This is timely and interesting. I can't say that I fully understand all that he is saying but here is my take. I have used "Gold" mode when hunting lakes and parks with the 800 because I like the audio and how the detector hits "hard" on small and deep targets. With the 900 it looks like you can get that same audio response in "Park 1" mode while still getting a low tone on iron targets. Looking forward to learning more about this "dp" setting.

6 hours ago, HardPack said:

Per manual page 33, the Nox 900 Depth dP tone pitch & volume are proportional to target signal strength. Large or shallow targets sound louder than deeper or small targets; conductive targets increase the pitch and ferrous targets have a constant low-pitch. Here is a video link demonstrating the advantages of dP in Park 1. You may want to enable CC.

Like the Fisher f75 

And Pitch Tone on The Legend.    It certainly has a place to be used at times.  The increasing level of versatility of the newest detectors sure makes a positive difference.

I got to do a little air testing today since we received 9" of heavy wet snow in Denver last night. 

These again are air tests.

From my experience with the Equinox 800 Gold mode's VCO audio which is similar to DP tones, these results are normal. DP/VCO is just deeper even on actual in the ground targets.

I tested the Nox 900 vs Nox 800 using the Coiltek 10X5" coil using 5 tones in Park 1. Then I put the Nox 900 in DP tones....

Here are the results. Same settings for both detectors.....Park 1 Multi, sensitivity - 20, volume - 20, threshold - 0, discrimination pattern - all targets accepted, recovery speed - 5, Iron bias - 1                     

800 5 tones                     900 5 tones                       900 DP tones                                     

US Nickel            11" 2 way hit no ID,          11.5" 2 way hit no ID           12.5" 2 way hit no ID

9" 2 way hit good ID,          9.5" 2 way hit good ID        11" 2 way hit good ID

US Zinc Penny   10.25" 2 way hit no ID      10.5" 2 way hit no ID           11.5" 2 way hit no ID

8.25" 2 way hit good ID      8.5" 2 way hit good ID        10" 2 way hit good ID

US Clad Dime   9.75" 2 way hit no ID        10.5" 2 way hit no ID              11" 2 way hit no ID

8.25" 2 way hit good ID      8.5" 2 way hit good ID           9.5" 2 way hit good ID

US Quarter     11" 2 way hit no ID          11.5" 2 way hit no ID              12" 2 way hit no ID

9.25" 2 way hit good ID     9.5" 2 way hit good ID         10.5" 2 way hit good ID

What is confusing you Dave?????

Sorry the three separate columns are not lining up well. They look great on my Mac. They look bad on my IPad.

Thank you for this Jeff. What do the two rows for each coin represent? Oh I see one is for an audio hit and the other for a number ID. Looks like dP is the secret sauce that made gold mode so deep on the Nox 800.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I got to do a little air testing today since we received 9" of heavy wet snow in Denver last night. 

These again are air tests.

From my experience with the Equinox 800 Gold mode's VCO audio which is similar to DP tones, these results are normal. DP/VCO is just deeper even on actual in the ground targets.

I tested the Nox 900 vs Nox 800 using the Coiltek 10X5" coil using 5 tones in Park 1. Then I put the Nox 900 in DP tones....

Here are the results. Same settings for both detectors.....Park 1 Multi, sensitivity - 20, volume - 20, threshold - 0, discrimination pattern - all targets accepted, recovery speed - 5, Iron bias - 1                     

800 5 tones                     900 5 tones                       900 DP tones                                     

US Nickel            11" 2 way hit no ID,          11.5" 2 way hit no ID           12.5" 2 way hit no ID

9" 2 way hit good ID,          9.5" 2 way hit good ID        11" 2 way hit good ID

US Zinc Penny   10.25" 2 way hit no ID      10.5" 2 way hit no ID           11.5" 2 way hit no ID

8.25" 2 way hit good ID      8.5" 2 way hit good ID        10" 2 way hit good ID

US Clad Dime   9.75" 2 way hit no ID        10.5" 2 way hit no ID              11" 2 way hit no ID

8.25" 2 way hit good ID      8.5" 2 way hit good ID           9.5" 2 way hit good ID

US Quarter     11" 2 way hit no ID          11.5" 2 way hit no ID              12" 2 way hit no ID

9.25" 2 way hit good ID     9.5" 2 way hit good ID         10.5" 2 way hit good ID

Been advocating for this feature in all modes ever since I first took the Nox out relic detecting back in the Spring of 2018.  Primarily because it helps targets audibly pop from iron.  Genuinely and pleasantly surprised it presents an actual depth advantage.  One of the main reasons why this Nox 800 owner was willing to upgrade to the Nox 900 despite the perception of little performance advantage over the 800.

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

Been advocating for this feature ever since I first took the Nox out relic detecting back in the Spring of 2018.  Primarily because it helps targets audibly pop from iron.  Genuinely and pleasantly surprised it presents an actual depth advantage.

Similar to Deus 1, Deus 2 and the Legend, DP tones may also have a target separation advantage for the Equinox 900 and the Manticore hopefully.