Songman

Hello, I’m brand new to this forum and seeking some advice. I live in Montana and I’m headed to Florida on vacation to do some beach detecting with the Nokta Legend I bought. I just finished doing the 1.09 update. Was hoping I could get some good advice on certain settings I should run on the beach. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Like 3

An experienced detectorist in one of my FB groups just posted he had a great beach hunt recently, and surprisingly (to me) he wasn't using Beach mode!  I'm assuming he was using this on dry, not wet sand, but I don't know that.  Said he was getting targets 10-12" deep.  Another member echoed the claim.

He said his settings were:

Recovery speed 4, Sensitivity 28, GB 0, Field Mode, M1.

Wishing you massivve luck!

Hi Songman.

I don't have salt beach experience with the Legend, but I would bury a gold ring fairly deep, then play around with different settings to see what hits it the best.

You may already know this, but for salt conditions, Beach Mode's Stability control is important.

Welcome to the Forum. Let us know how you & The Legend get along in Florida & when you get back home after it thaws out!