Mythical Beast Does Exist...

TroyLPN

My best metal detecting buddy got his shiny new Manticore a few days ago and let me take it for a spin today at the beach (thanks, D!).  My first impressions:

I think if you're going from an Equinox you'll have a shorter learning curve. The menu is very easy to learn to navigate pretty quickly.  I don't know how useful that target trace will be in beach sand. Shallow targets, probably yes.  Deeper ones, maybe not. A 24 on the sensitivity was about as low as I could go in the surf without it getting "chirpy".  It does seem to be able to identify iron junk a bit better than my 800.   It seems lighter probably because it's way better balanced. It just seems "sturdier" over all. It can find the itty-bitty pieces of utter crapola just as well as my 800 does. The headphones are amazing!  Way more comfortable and a clearer sound than the stock 800 headphones.

I liked it well enough that think I'll grudgingly wait for one even though my Christmas present will probably be turning into a birthday (July) present. 🙄

And finally my very first target with a Manticore. The bids start on the auction site at 9.99 for this genuine aluminum vintage 1960's Mid-century Modern zip-top can opening mechanism. 😂

20230108_180947b.jpg

3 minutes ago, TroyLPN said:

And finally my very first target with a Manticore. The bids start on the auction site at 9.99 for this genuine aluminum vintage 1960's Mid-century Modern zip-top can opening mechanism. 😂

You should bronze it and put it in a display case 🤣

Are you sure that isn't older, like Aztec or Mayan? 🤔 

Great you got to try it tho. 👍 Makes for much less buyers remorse.

1 minute ago, F350Platinum said:

You should bronze it and put it in a display case 🤣

Are you sure that isn't older, like Aztec or Mayan? 🤔

Now that I think about it, I believe the Vikings may have used these as primitive orange peelers. There you go. Evidence of a pre-Columbian Norse presence in Coastal Florida.  Did I say 9.99?  I meant 999.99. 😅

Glad you got to actually hold and use one. Hard to tell by the picture but for a minute I thought you had found  shoe horn or something.  

strick